Friday, September 9, 2011

9-9 Friday

It was a lovely evening.  I had Calli and Acer's lessons.  Both are doing very well.  At first Acer didn't want to play the song we were working on but he did do it a few minutes later.  Then we started a new song.  He is doing very well with it.  I just need to get him a CD of the book so he can hear the song at home if he forgets part of it.  I find this works very well with him.  I have the level 3 CD somewhere for Calli but I can't find it right now.  I hope to find it shortly.  After we had our lessons, we relaxed and visited while we waited for Heather B-T's husband, Bill with our dinner.  We were going to play games after dinner but Bill had to stay late for work so it got too late to play games.  We will play again at a later date. Calli is doing so well with her "Ave Maria" by Schubert.  She also started "In the Bleak Midwinter".  I simply love that song.  I really do.  Her piano is coming along too.  I am very pleased with her progress.  We worked on  the rest of  "Village Dance" in her lesson book.  Knowing her she will have it down pat next week.  I would be surprised if she didn't.  Over all, I think all the students are doing well.  There are a couple who don't practice on a regular basis, but they are the exception not the rule.

I have another new student from the online company.  She is an adult who wants to learn piano.  She can already read music and plays the organ.  I will pull different levels so we can find what will work with her. She signed up for 45 minute lessons.  I have 2 lessons tomorrow.  I have Rebecca at 12 noon and Rick at 1:30.  He is having his lesson tomorrow instead of Sunday because it works better for him.  I will head for Windsor on Sunday.  I am going to a movie.  I am going to see the Help.  Tillie is taking me.  I am actually rather excited to see this movie because I have read the book and it was good.  We were going to go tomorrow but Rick needed to change his lesson so that leaves Sunday free.  I will go and get some gas and head for the border.

I am tired now after an exciting evening.  I am watching 20/20 and will head for bed right after it ends.  It has been so nice and cool this week.  It is supposed to be warmer on Sunday and through the week, but it has been a really nice change.  It is also supposed to rain tomorrow and possibly on Sunday.  I don't mind the rain right now because our lawn needs it and so do my flowers.  Yesterday when I it rained all day, I moved my flower pot so the rain would water the flowers.  I tend to forget until they are wilted and the flowers are gone.  I don't remember what kind they are, but they are awfully pretty.  I got them from Rachel.  I really like them because they are hardy flowers.  I forget to water them, then I quickly go water them, and then they perk up again.

I think I am going to bed now.  I am so tired.  I do hope you had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment