Friday, September 30, 2011

the Last Day of September

I can't believe that tomorrow starts the lovely month of October.  Yeah, you know, the month I absolutely hate, especially the week of October 10 through 18.  I dread this month.  Maybe I can sleep through a lot of it.  One can only hope.

Anyways, today was okay.  i have a bit of a sore throat, which is kind of annoying since I just got rid of a cold.  I don't want another one.  I will take some cold medicine tonight before bed to see if I can rid of it by tomorrow.

I had 4 lessons today.  Aaiyanna was here for a make up and she did very well.  I am thinking of pairing her up with Calli for the Spring concert.  yes, I am thinking way ahead.  I would do it for the Christmas Concert except I already have Calli singing with Katie.  I have to pull the music out that I want them to sing.  The are going to sing Candle in the Window.  It is so beautiful.  I think they will really blend beautifully and both girls work so hard that this will be a good experience with both of them.  Calli and Acer both had their lessons after Aaiyanna.  Acer is learning "When the Saints Go Marching In".  He can play the melody in another key but this jazzy arrangement will be really cool for him.  He did pretty well with the fingering too.  He is really coming along with that.  Calli did very well, as usual, in her lessons.  We chose her Christmas Songs for piano today.  We picked her vocal songs a few weeks ago.  So we worked on her first Christmas Song this afternoon.  After their lessons, Emily had her lesson.  She is still having a bit of trouble with her notes, but she is trying really hard.  She is getting better but I don't think she has the confidence with them.  Emily earned her first gift certificate today.  She picked Toys R Us.

I only have 2 lessons tomorrow.  I can sleep in a bit because my first lesson is absent tomorrow.  I have Camille and Katie.  It will be a good day.  Next Saturday I will go grocery shopping with Calli.  She isn't available tomorrow as she is heading for Goalball practice in Kalamazoo so she will be gone all day.  It ends up being a good thing because I don't have the money this weekend to go grocery shopping so that means we will go next week.  Sunday I have to be at church at 7:30 am.  Yes, me then non-morning person has to be at church 7:30 in the morning.  I can do this.  I also have a lesson at 11 am and then I will probably sleep the rest of the afternoon away.  I did enjoy singing in the choir last night.  It was really nice to sing with a group again.  I am just dreading the time of being at church but I will be fine.  The first time will be the hardest.  It is just kind of funny to think that I will be up so early.  I am sure some of my friends and family will chuckle with this one.

It has been a good day so far.  I do need to go and take some cold medicine in a minute.  I do hope you had a good day too.

1 comment:

  1. just wanted to stop by and wish you a good/happy/fun weekend! I can't believe its October already, where did this year go.

    ReplyDelete