Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday 9-23

I met with Diane for lunch/tea this afternoon.  It was so much fun.  I have an idea of where to start for the judges for competition.  I also have one potential judge already for guitar so I am happy about that.  After leaving the restaurant and Diane, I headed to Joann's for a new table cloth.  Unfortunately, they did not have any fall tablecloths.  They had plenty of Halloween ones, which I already have one of those but none of the Thanksgiving or Fall in general ones.  I will check Walmart tomorrow when I go to pick up some more cold medicine and a few other items.  I will go after my lessons tomorrow.  I have 5 lessons tomorrow so I am very excited about that.  I think on Sunday I will make a roast.  That sounds like a good plan.

Emily had her lesson this evening.  She did very well with her lesson book song but is still struggling with her flash cards.  I do hope that in the next few months she will know them well and be comfortable with her notes.  Acer and Calli were absent this afternoon because they are on a retreat!  I do hope they are having a good time.  Heather, their Mom, is not feeling too well.  She has a sore throat.  She was able to go to the doctor and get medicine.  Fortunately, she is not contagious so she can attend the retreat with her family.  I do hope by next week she is on the mend.  I am hoping that my cold is gone by the end of next week too.  It is almost gone.  It has stayed mild so that is great.  I didn't have to cancel any lessons or anything except not attend the meeting on Sunday.  That was the only thing that I missed.  Thankfully, the meeting is only the thing I missed this week.

There isn't much on TV tonight even with the new shows.  I am watching an old episode of without a trace.  I haven't watched a lot of this in a long time.  I remember liking the show when I saw it, I just never saw it a whole lot.  I plan to go to bed a bit earlier than I usually do because I am getting up a bit early tomorrow for my lessons and I am still tired from this cold.  I find going to bed earlier has helped me a lot this week.  I have worked very hard to not read so late in the night.  I was getting to the point I was reading until about 2 or 3 in the morning.  It was just ridicules because then I wouldn't get up until 1 or 2 in the afternoon!  I am a 10 to 12 hour sleeper.  I always have been except for the time I was in college.  Somehow most of the week I could survive with 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night.  I did this for about 6 years before I just couldn't do it anymore.  That was about the time that the Fibro really started making it hard to do anything.  After college, I worked 3 mornings a week as a secretary and taught about 4 days a week.  The rest of the time I was either resting or sleeping.  My mom would wake me when she got up in the morning to help me get dressed and then I would go back to sleep until it was time to go to work or teach or start the day.  Sometimes, the pain was so bad, Mom had to rub my legs so I could get out of bed.  My mom was very supportive once the pain really took hold of me.  My brothers would joke, where is Heather?  Oh she must be in bed because I was in bed a lot.  Turns out that was the worst I could have done but I didn't know what was wrong with me.  I went to so many doctors until Mom started going with me.  We stopped after that horrible doctor said I was emotional disturbed.  After that Mom and I decided to stop going to the doctor to see what was wrong.  Mom and I figured we would just do what we can do for the pain and fatigue.  It wasn't until 2003, when I got the Vasculitis that we got the official diagnose.  What a surprise it was to find that the doctor I had been going to since 1996 knew all about Fibromyalgia and I could have been diagnosed back then!  When I switched to him, mom and I decided not to say anything about the pain and fatigue because of what had happened at the other doctors office.  Turns out that was a bad decision.  Hindsight is 20/20 though, isn't it?  I thought I was doing the right thing at the time.

So anyways, I am heading to bed soon.  I reading a really good book now called "Love Proof" by Catherine Palmer.  It is a book I have read before, but I haven't read it in so long that I can't remember anything about it.  It is one of the many books I found in my dresser drawer.  I still have about 15 books to read again.  I seriously can't remember most of those books when I looked at the titles.  I still plan to get the rest of the O'Malley series but I have other things I need to pay for first.  Eventually, I will have the entire set.  I just need 2 books for the series, number 4 and the prequel.  They are really good books.  I am really enjoying re-reading a lot of these books.  I also need to look downstairs and see what books I have down there to start re-reading when I am done with the ones in my room.

It has been a good day with fun visiting and fun phone calls.  Georgette and I talked for over 2 hours this afternoon.  I do hope your day has been fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment