Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Calli and Debbie had their lessons today!  Calli forgot her book but I had another book for her to use.  She doesn't really use the books because I play it for her and then she copies it from me.  She does really well with the two hands together, she gets nervous to play both hands together, but she does real well.  I just love her spirit and her eagerness to learn.  Acer wants to learn too, he feels he is old enough now.  He is just 5 and adorable and so fun.  He is so excited about music in general.  He is disappointed with me because I can't find the lap harp, I don't blame him.  I thought I knew where it was and it wasn't there.  I was disappointed.  He likes to play with the violin when he comes over for Calli's lesson.  He figured out within minutes of where to pluck the notes so it will sound the best.  I mean, he's 5!  He knows this stuff right away.  He and his sister are simply amazing kids.  

I am watching 7th Heaven.  I love this show.  I have seen almost every episode I think.  Mom likes it too when she is awake.  Right now she is watching the show but a few minutes ago her eyes were closed.  This is a good episode where Wilson's son, Billy, asks Mary if he can call her Mommy because he's never had a Mommy and he wants one.  Heartbreak moment!!!!!!!!
My friend, Donna is home from the hospital after back surgery.  She seems to be doing alright and improving.  I am glad.  She is in such pain all day.  The doctors say she will eventually be in less pain because of the surgery.  I hope so.  She can now walk with the help of a walker and a person which is better than she had been because she was practically bedridden since November.  I haven't seen her in person since then.  I can't wait to see her again.  I think next week during the day we are going to stop by with the Tim Horton's coffee she hasn't had since November and visit with her in person.  That would be great.  Her granddaughter, Sam, plays the trumpet and she is really good.  She is a junior this year and can't wait to be finished with high school in general.  I remember that feeling real well.  There isn't enough money in the world to have me go back and repeat high school, even with what I know today.  It would not be worth it.  I mentioned today that some schools give partial music scholarships just for playing in the band even if they aren't music majors.  She will probably major in some science, she is really interested and good in the subjects.  I think she is taking about 3 or 4 science classes right now in school.

I met a friend for lunch this afternoon and it was fun.  I haven't seen her in person for a few months.  She is working a lot of hours at her job.  She rarely sees her son these days because she is so busy.  I see her son once a week for his lesson so I probably see him more than she does some days.  Her husband is out of work right now.  I hope he finds a job soon.  
Tomorrow is not going to be a busy day, we will go to our usual Tim Horton's at around noon and then I have to do a load of laundry because I am running out of clothes and we are spending the night in Windsor since Mom has an early Friday morning appointment.  I am not looking forward to that.  I don't sleep well anywhere except home but it is best for Mom so she doesn't miss the appointment.  We actually have 2 appointments on Friday, one at 8:30 and the other at 3:30.  Right around rush hour traffic time.  Mom is the worst when we go through rush hour traffic.  She is definitely the back seat driver even though she can't drive herself.  I just grin and bear it because if I say something it will just hurt her feelings and that would be bad.  Besides, with my luck I say something and that will be the day I will miss something that she doesn't and we will crash.  Not good all around, so I just comment to myself about this.

Well, I better end this as it is very long tonight.  I hope your day was as good as mine and in less pain.  Pain is a bit high right now but I will take a pain pill and it will go back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment