Wednesday, September 22, 2010

wednesday!

I have pain where I have never had pain before.  Unfortunately, this pain is not associated with Fibro and I will have to go to the doctor.  Over the counter stuff isn't cutting it.  It is better than yesterday, but still rather bad so tomorrow morning I will call the doctor and go.  Ugh, like I can afford another doctor appointment.  I already owe this particular doctor over $800.  I am slowly paying on it.  The good thing though is that I am able to make a small payment tomorrow towards the balance, unless a miracle happens and the over the counter stuff works and the pain is gone!  One can daydream you know.  It is possible.  The darvocet is totally kicking in now, ahhhh, finally!

It has been a quiet type day around here.  Mom slept in, which I expected as the little person is very tired from no sleep for the last 4 days.  I mean, she did get some sleep, but you can't tell me that a person who is woken up every 2 hours to be turned, gets a good night sleep.  She sure did last night.  We went to bed about 9:30 so she was in bed about 10:00 pm.  Mom woke up at about 12:30 pm this afternoon.  We went to our usual after we got up.  We ran into our friends there, they were almost done by the time we arrived.  They were so happy to see Mom.  Mom said she was glad to see them too.  She is very polite and courteous, that is just Mom.  After we were there for about an hour, we headed home.  I checked my email, read a few blogs, and then turned off the computer and went into the living room.  Mom was already asleep, no surprise there, I truly expect her to sleep quite a bit in the next few days.  I sat on my chair, what a relief, and fell asleep for about 2 1/2 hours.  Evelyn the nurse, arrived about 5 pm to check Mom out.  She saw the new sores on Mom's bottom, they are in stage one, just on the surface.  The one that Mom had when she went into the hospital is gone and 2 more have arrived.  I hope they are gone in a few days.  I have good cream for them.  Mom is slowly getting back into drinking her Ensure.  So far, she is still on the first one.  I expected this.  It takes a few days for her to get back into drinking 3 to 4 of them a day.

Overall, the new pain is overshadowing the fibro pain so I will get that taken care of tomorrow or at least I will try to get an appointment for tomorrow.  I really hope so.  Mom is doing well and seems to be happy to be home.  As expected, she is afraid to be anywhere I am not.  This is normal for her when she gets out of the hospital.  She hasn't cried much today, so yeah! on that.  Overall, I am very pleased with her progress today.  I expect that she will sleep in again tomorrow and by Saturday or Sunday she will be back to her regular sleep pattern.  Remember, she has had 4 days of totally interrupted sleep.  I did enjoy the time I had to myself.  I read a lot!  I love reading!  I was able to talk to Richard, which was awesome, and basically, I thoroughly relaxed and recharged the batteries!  It is a bit difficult to help her get dressed and undressed with the pain, but I am doing pretty well.  Mom is getting better at walking again.  She went up the stairs last night and down the stairs this morning really well.  She didn't have any problem and I was ready for one.  She was a bit nervous coming down this morning but she stepped down like a trooper.  Mom is a bit nervous over all for walking and going up and down stairs, which is to be expected since she was not walking for 4 1/2 days.  I would say though, that I am very pleased with her progress.  Now on to other issues with me and we will be just fine!

It is supposed to be very hot tomorrow, yuck.  I hope to remember to bring shorts upstairs tonight with my clean undies and socks when I go to bed.  Yes, I know, it would be so much easier if I would bring my clean clothes upstairs when they are finished but I don't.  I plan to, but things happen and then I forget.

I hope this finds you doing well.  Fall begins tonight after 11 pm and tomorrow is supposed to be hot.  Hm, not the fall weather I have been enjoying.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Heather! I'm so glad your mom is home. You can get back into your "regular" schedules again. I know how it feels to have a loved one in the hospital for awhile....it throws off your whole routine. When my hubby was in for over a month after his surgery this summer, boy did that ever mess up our daily schedules. I was sooo glad to have him home again!

    I hope your pain gets better. I am thinking about you!
    Gentle hugs,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete