Monday, September 13, 2010

You wouldn't believe the weather we are having!  It is spectacular!  I mean, totally awesome.  I have the dining room drapes open, the front door open, and we just got back from Timmy's and Walmart.  Even Mom wasn't cold or too hot!  Talk about a shocker!  It is simply gorgeous out and I hope it stays this way all month.  I need weather I can breathe in and this is it.

Yesterday, I really had a hankering for some Chinese food after a friend of mine mentioned on face book he was getting some.  Well, I should have picked something else.  I had a tummy ache for the rest of the night from it!  I was having second thoughts about it because Mom was sleeping upstairs and I really didn't want to have to get her back down and into the car, but I did.  Should have passed on it.  I tried something I haven't had in years and now I know why I don't eat that particular entree.  Will have something else next time because I love Chinese food.  We used to go out to eat about once a week until this summer when Mom really stopped eating a lot of food.  I mean, a chicken breast (and only the chicken breast) is getting to big for her and it is only 3 oz cooked.  I don't take her out to eat much because she doesn't eat enough and I end up eating it (which makes me gain the weight) or throw it away.  I miss her being able to enjoy food more.  But overall, it is to be expected with this disease and I am thankful she can still enjoy her donut and milk at Timmy's in the noon time.  She actually wanted some of the chili I got today.  I usually get bagels, but today sounded like a chili and sandwich day, so that is what I did.  She wanted some so I gave her a few spoonfuls and then she was happy.  I mean, it was weird, she really wanted some chili and was starting to get upset because she didn't have any.  I asked her if she wanted to share mine and her answer was, I thought I was getting some too.  So I shared.  I knew getting her own would have been pointless because after about 4 spoonfuls she was done and then we would have practically an entire bowl of chili to take home.

I got the adorable ones, Calli and Acer, some Timbits today.  I was going to get them on Thursday, but we need to rearrange our timings on the visiting day because of what time the kids get home from school and the fact that Heather B-T must pick up Acer from school.  I hope they like the kinds I picked.  They aren't picky eaters which is nice.

Our neighbor stopped me this afternoon.  He had received a phone call from another neighbor concerning us.  Usually, we get complaints about something from this neighbor, but it wasn't.  She wanted to be able to get a hold of me about some books she has.  Well, I thought, wow, no complaints?  Hey, I will talk to her about books.  So she may call me.  We shall see.  I didn't know she is an avid reader like I am and she now knows the situation with the little Mom so maybe she will stop being so hard on us about the yard.  I know it isn't the greatest, but the lawn is cut regularly and trimmed nicely.  Yes, we have a totally empty space in front of the house from where the bushes were, but Andrew moved before he fixed it up.  I don't have the money or energy to deal with it.  I didn't inherit the green thumb that Mom, Andrew, and Richard all have.  Mine is black.  I can kill a plant just by looking at it.  I have tried gardening, and well, I grow weeds very well.  Of course, that is what is in the gardens in the back yard, all weeds, but nobody but us can really see them, so no complaints.  I think we have 1 bush left of the carpet roses that Mom put in 9 years ago for my graduation party.  Anyways, I have 2 choices, I can either work on the yard or take care of mom, and we all know who wins in that competition, Mom.  Got to take care of the little lady, even when she says, i don't know who you are and I am not going with you.  She said that this morning when we arrived at Timmy's.  Fortunately, I knew it wouldn't last and it didn't and she finally got out of the car for us to go in.  I think perhaps it is time to have some milk and bread in the house regularly for moments like this when she won't get in the car or out of the car in this case.  Right now, we don't have any milk or bread in the house because they usually go bad before we finish them.  Hm, we shall see how the rest of the week goes.  We can get some really good bread from Panera's.  They have such yummy stuff!  i also want a bread maker to make my own bread.

Well, this turned out to be rather long.  Bob should be here in a few minutes for his lesson.  I hope your day is good too.  Ours is so far.  Oh yes, I almost forgot.  We got the septic tank cleaned.  3 years until the next cleaning!  That means I take good care of the tank!  Yeah!  I learned from Mom!  Have a great afternoon and evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment