Wednesday, June 8, 2011

another hot day

I know I wanted warmer weather, but did we have to skip spring weather?  It seems to me we went straight from winter to summer weather.  I love spring weather and fall weather, I ache in summer and winter weather.  If it is extremely hot or extremely cold, I am an aching girl.  Although, I will admit that I am loving the sunshine we are having!  I received a plant in a pot (huge, simply huge!) and it sits on my front porch.  This afternoon when I went out it looked like it is dying.  I came home and watered it and it revived itself.  I do not know how much to water it so I guess when it looks like it is dying, it is time to water.  Other than that I have no idea how much to water.  It is so huge that I watered it with a 2 litre diet coke bottle.  (I rinsed it first)  It used all the water and there wasn't any water on the ground so I guess that was enough.

I STILL don't have my pain pills.  I am calling the doctor again tomorrow to see if the doctor has authorized the refill yet.  I really need this.  Tylenol is doing just okay, nothing great so I am in more pain than usual because of this.  I will be strong and be happy when I get the refills.  From now on I will order a refill one week before the bottle is empty from now on.  I will be more vigilant on these refills from now on.

It was a decent day despite the extra pain.  Carson had his lessons.  He takes both piano and voice and let me tell you, the hour flies by.  He is such a great kid.  He is learning his treble clef notes this week.  He did bass clef notes last week.  He will be getting some new voice songs too next week as he needs some new ones.  I am going to be looking through my books to see what ones to give him.  He does so well.  His idol is Michael Jackson when he was with the Jackson 5.  He loves that music so I will hopefully be able to get some of the Jackson 5 music this summer.  I am not sure because I don't have a lot of money to buy new music.  Beth also had her lesson today too.  She is auditioning for the Music Man this weekend at her local Community Theatre.  She is ready.  She knows the two pieces that they required.  We worked on her breathing tonight.  She was lying on the floor singing and was surprised at how much louder she was.  She breathes (like most people) backwards.  When you breathe in, your tummy goes out filling with air, when you breath out, your tummy goes in, releasing the air.  Most people really only breathe with their shoulders which doesn't use all of your lung capacity.  It is the hardest thing to teach sometimes.

Tomorrow I have no lessons because Breanna is still working on finishing up her schoolwork for the year.  She has to have it all done by next week.  This is the 3rd week she hasn't had lessons and I miss her.  I totally understand that she needs to finish her work but still, I miss my Breanna!  I get used to having my students week to week and I miss them when they miss.

I don't know exactly what I will do tomorrow since I don't have lessons.  I do wish Kathy and I lived near each other because I know exactly how I would spend the day if we did!  I would be with her!!!  and her kids!!!!  They are finished with school I think, this coming Monday.  Seems like a weird day to be ending school but Charlie is finishing on a Monday too.  It is just weird.  I think the schools in my area get out next week but i am not sure.

I thought this Sunday was father's day, but apparently it is next week.  I have a week to send Richard a card and his gift so I am glad that I have an extra week.  I hope to talk to him on Father's Day too.  Other than speaking to Richard on Father's Day I don't have any plans on that day.  This week on Sunday, I have Rick's lesson and then a MMA meeting.  I look forward to MMA meetings because they are fun.  I have to type out the minutes from the last meeting.  I haven't done it as of yet, but I will before Sunday.

I do hope you are having a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better Heather! I know what it is like to be in pain and not have your medications. Take it easy!
    Hugs,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete