Sunday, June 26, 2011

sleepy day

I am so sleepy today.  I don't know why, I am just super duper tired today.  I think the being so busy last week has got up to me, like it always does.  I am glad I chose not to plan anything today as I figured I would be exhausted.  It isn't always the pain of fibro that gets me, it is the exhaustion of fibro that gets me.  Sometimes, when I am this tired, I am in a lot more pain, but this time it is just a bit of extra pain so that is good.

I have my usual busy week, not super busy like last week.  Tuesday and Wednesday are my busiest days.  I look forward to that.  The other days I have only one lesson but I am thankful for the lessons that I do have.  They allow me to stay in the house and live here.  Without it, I don't know where I would be.  I don't want to think about that.  I love this house.  I have always lived here and I don't ever want to move.  i just don't.  I have it set up perfectly for entertainment and for teaching.  It just needs some tweaking that will get done this summer.

I am watching a TLC show about the Irish Gypsies.  It is fascinating, simply fascinating.  The girls are raised very strict.  You never live with the person before marriage.  Most are strict Catholics.  The wedding dresses are amazing.  They are huge ball gowns.  Many of them still live in RVs although more and more are living in houses and apartments.  I find shows that are about another culture very interesting.  I like glimpses into how other cultures live.  Friday is the end of the series at this point.  That wasn't enough weeks.  That is one of the downsides to the TLC shows, they aren't very long.  I hope they show new ones soon.  It was a very fascinating look into their culture and how they fit in the world today.  Although, it is sad to hear how they are discriminated against.  You would think that in the year 2011, discrimination would be gone but it isn't.  i have a good friend who, unfortunately, is very prejudice.  She doesn't think she is, but she really is.  I tend to steer the conversation away from that subject when it comes up.  It is crazy especially since she is Native American and has had been discriminated against so you would think she would be more open to different people, but she isn't.  She is older too, so you would think that would make a difference, but it doesn't.  In my family, I often get the weird looks at times because I am more traditional than others, not all the family, just a few.  It isn't fair because I am supposed to accept them but they look weird at me and insult me.  I don't particularly like that.  I have learned not to answer certain questions or talk about certain things.  It is just better this way.  I am an outcast at times in part of my own family.  I just do my own thing and not let it bother me too much.  I have gotten used to it so most of the time doesn't bother me.

I hope this is a fun week.  Last week was fun, busy, but fun.  I enjoyed my brother's graduation.  I just wish Momma were here to enjoy it with me.  She would have been beside herself with excitement and joy.  Her biggest wish was that all of us would be educated.  Education was so important to her, it really was.  She wanted all of us to go to college so we would be prepared to have good jobs to support ourselves.  Andrew was the last one to go and graduate.  I am so glad he has.  From what he has said, he picked a good career choice and will be able to get a job right away.  I am very happy for him.  It was nice to spend some good time with him and some of the family for a joyous occasion.

I do hope your day is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment