Friday, June 10, 2011

it's a Friday!

I had Calli and Acer's lessons today.  Acer is so cute.  I told him what song we were going to play and he was like, no I don't want to play that song.  I quickly switched gears and we went with the song called the Donkey.  It is a cute piece and he plays both hands at the same time with more than 1 note in the left hand. We were going to work on his version of Fur Elise but they accidentally left it at home along with one of Calli's books for voice.  Calli is going to start working on some Italian Art song next week.  We are starting the lighter classical music since I think she is ready.  Her voice is quite mature for an 11 year old.  She has an amazing range too.  She can sing higher than any of my students.  I am quite pleased with how well she is doing and Acer too.  I look forward to Fridays.

Other than those two lessons, I don't have anything else going on.  I couldn't sleep last night.  I think I fell asleep after 3 am.  I was reading until about 2:30 because I couldn't sleep.  Just one of those things.  I don't have any lessons tomorrow so I am going to do some housework.  That is the plan.  I want to vacuum and scrub the floor in the dining room, kitchen, and utility room.  I am not sure if my cousin is coming by to pick up her packages or not.  I also need to type the minutes from the last meeting for the meeting on Sunday.  We have a Michigan Music Association meeting on Sunday.  It shall be fun.  We will starting the planning of next years competition.  That will be rather cool.  I am on the Executive Board this year.  i am the assistant secretary/treasurer.  It is a nice position.  I will find out on Sunday to find out what I will be doing during the competition this year.

It has been a good day today.  It has been cooler and rainy but it is a nice change from the super hot and humid that we had most of the week.  I do hope you are having a good day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment