Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Beautiful Saturday!

The weather is simply gorgeous here.  It is about 78 or so degrees, sun is shining, very little wind.  It is a beautiful Indian Summer.  By Thursday we will have our regular October weather back but today and tomorrow!  It will be amazing!  I went and picked up a few things this afternoon after my one lesson.  I needed some milk, new slippers, CD sleeves, and some nighttime medicine.  I also bought some eggs for brunch.

Tomorrow I will again be getting up at the bright and early time of 6:50 am for church.  I have to be at church by 7:30 and getting up at that time gives me time to get washed and dressed plus I have a bit of time to eat something or drink an instant breakfast.  It has to be fast because it takes about 15 minutes to get to church.  I really like this new church a lot.  I like the choir director a lot.  He picks some very cool music.  Next Sunday I won't be at church because Saturday will be so late with the reunion and all.

I went to Tim Horton's for the first time in a few months today.  I tried their new panini sandwich.  It was good.  I wanted to get out of the house for a while but didn't just want to do a drive through or run my errands and come home.  I wanted to sit and read somewhere other than the dining room table so I went there.  I ran into my friend, Karlyn's little brother Teddy.  We had a brief chat and then he and his Mom went and sat down to read the newspaper and I continued on with my book.  It is a book I have read before but it is a good one.  

Last night was so fun.  At about 10:15 pm I received a phone call from my neighbor, Barbara Jean.  She wanted to know if I wanted to join her and two of her daughters for a late snack at the Outback.  I said yes.  We had such fun while we were there.  It was wonderful.  I had the kid's ribs and a potato.  Thank goodness I only ordered a kid's size because I was so stuff after that!  It was just so much fun!  We got home around 12 midnight.  This is the family that asked if I wanted to sing in the choir with their daughter Carolyn.  I am glad I have joined the choir.  I am enjoying myself with it.

My hips and lower back have been extra sore since Sunday night.  I don't know if I did something to them at church or at the hospital.  It is hard to say.  I may go and lie down for a while, I am just pretty sore and tired.  I don't understand why they are acting this way because it is nice out and they usually get bad in cold weather or in air conditioning and I don't have the a/c on.  I don't even have the heat on at this point since it is so beautiful out.  I do hope they improve for tomorrow since I have church.  i will have to remember to take some medicine before I go to church.  That should help some.

I do hope you are having a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying the choir. I really need to get involved in an activity like that to get me out of the house.

    ReplyDelete