Tuesday, October 25, 2011

NCIS night Tuesday 10-25

It was a busyish day today.  I had Brooke's lesson, Aaiyanna's lesson, and Charlie's lesson.  I had to get some music for Aaiyanna before her lesson.  I am missing the CD that goes with it so I have to pull out the original so I can make copies of it.  I just had it a few weeks ago so I don't understand why I don't have it right now.  it is bothering me that I can't find it.  I hope that as soon as I copy the original, I will find the other copy.  That is what usually happens to me so I am hoping that will happen this time.

I have been wanting a table runner to go on my mother's dresser and some small cloths or doilies for her nightstand.  I had some but when the room was emptied, they went too.  I have looked on line and it was hard to know exactly what I wanted especially because I really liked the ones we had.  I went into Walmart tonight and at first I was disappointed in what they had but then I went to another section of the store and right there in front of me was a pretty, lacy, white table runner with 2 doilies that will go on the nightstands.    They are all very pretty and they were only about $4.  That was a nice surprise.  I don't have a lot of money to spend on this, so this was pretty awesome.

I have been so excited that my left shoulder has been doing much better.  After a couple of years of getting used to a frozen shoulder, it is nice to be able to move it a bit more again.  It started hurting a bit this afternoon, but I think the rainy and cold weather is really the culprit this time.  It is supposed to rain again tomorrow too.  I have to go and pick up some music for Isaac tomorrow for his lesson on Thursday.  I am also hoping that the Christmas book is in too.  I need it soon!  Allison can't start her other Christmas song without it.

I have to finish putting Calli's songs in Finale this week before Friday.  I think I need a new mouse pad because mine is totally falling apart.  I have some music fabric and I wonder if I could use some of that to make one.  I don't know.  I will look into it.  I looked on Amazon and they have the most beautiful mouse pad.  I just ordered it.  The shipping cost more than the actual mouse pad, however, they don't carry this one in stores.  I have looked at some of the music stores and they don't have them.  I am going to work on Calli's songs again tomorrow.  It doesn't take too long, but I am so very tired today that it is best I wait until tomorrow.  Speaking of tomorrow, I don't get Lily after all.  The orthodontist cancelled her appointment because of a family emergency.  Darn.  I really was looking forward to my girl.  Well, another time!  It probably is a good idea that she not miss any part of tomorrow because she is having surgery on Thursday and will be out of school for a few days.  I am just not sure how much she will miss.

I must copy some more Christmas music for my little ones this week.  Emily needs to start her Christmas music this week and so does Laith.  I will do that tomorrow so I have them for the rest of the week.  So far, Emily and Laith are about the only ones (except for Isaac since he is just starting) who haven't started their Christmas music.  I am almost ready to start working on competition music!  I am thankful to be so busy.  I emailed a few more teachers asking if they are interested in judging for us this year at competition.  I have hit several brick walls.  I have 3 teachers interested so far.  2 for Saturday and Sunday and 1 for all three days.  However, I need more.  This is very nerve wrecking job.  I am not sure I want to do this one again.  I think some of the other jobs I have done are more interesting.  The newsletter about competition and the concert went out last week and this week.  I will put the rest of the Christmas music away that I didn't need and start pulling out the Competition music.  I don't expect to have a lot of students going this year, but that is okay.  I know that Breanna really wants to go but her family already has a vacation planned so she isn't sure she will be going.  Katie and Rebecca made be my only ones going this year.  Maybe after my new students have had lessons after one year will be interested in going.

NCIS is on right now.  It is such a good show.  I think it is one of my favorites.  I don't know what my favorite show of all time is though.  There are so many good ones.  Oh my!  A twist I never expected!  You will have to watch to see the twist.  NCIS Los Angeles will be on after the regular NCIS.

I am hoping to see my friends Jennie or Wendy some day next week.  I saw them a couple of weeks ago at the reunion.  It was such a good time.

I had a good day.  I remembered to go to the bank and the post office before lessons.  I had good lessons.  I do hope your day was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment