Sunday, October 30, 2011

The day before Halloween

I don't particularly like Halloween.  I am not really sure why, outside of it is such a focus on horror and I am not a horror girl.  I can't watch scary movies or horror movies.  I can't read scary books or horror books either so I am just not into Halloween.  Mom loved seeing the smaller kids dress up for Halloween and come to our house trick or treating.  I am not going to be passing out any candy this year.  I am just not up to it.  It is going to be cold and rainyish and well, I just can't stand that long.  If it was nicer out then I could sit outside and pass out candy but it isn't going to be nice so no trick or treaters for me.  I will do what I did last year, sit inside and watch TV.  There was a time a few years ago we had a lot of high schoolers who wouldn't even dress up.  They wouldn't even wear a mask!  It was insane.  Fortunately, the few years have been more littler ones.  Those are the ones Mom loved to see.  When we were small, Mom decorated the house for Halloween but not with anything scary.  We had a witch, but she was a pretty one, and I think we had some cute ghosts too.  I don't completely remember.  I just remember how Mom loved to decorate for every holiday.  She never missed one when we were growing up.  I have some nice window clings for Thanksgiving this year.  I will put those on the windows but I don't know where our other decorations went.  They were for on the table.  I will have help decorating for Christmas, Lily will be here for that.  I am going to see if she wants another gingerbread house.  If she does, then I will get one for her, if not, that is okay too.  It is all up to the lovely young lady.  Whatever she would like, works for me.

I took a nap after church today.  Yes, I actually made it to church again!  I was there for 7:30 am.  I sang with the choir and enjoyed myself.  After the choir was over, Carolyn (another really nice young lady) and I went to sit with her family.  I think next week I will leave my coat with her family since I will be sitting with them.  I love her family.  They are simply wonderful people.  I am thankful they invited me to sing in the choir.  I am hoping Katie will join too as she is a wonderful singer and a great young lady too.  My Katie goes to the same church and it was a nice surprise to realize that.

I don't have any students today.  I had my normal Sunday student on Saturday this week.  It worked best for his schedule so I didn't mind.  Next week will be the last time he will have a lesson until January.  He is going to Hawaii and India.  He will be gone for about 2 months total.  I do hope he has a good time.  I will be burning CDs this afternoon for this week.  I went and bought some ink for the scanner so I can make some copies.  I need to copy Isaac's music for him.  Katie is making copies for her and Calli.  I have to make copies for Allison and for Natalie too.  Many of the students already have their music.  These are the last of the students who need them except for Isaac, the newest of the crew.

I don't really have any plans for the evening today except for watching some TV and maybe movie.  I don't know.  I am reading a good book so I may just finish it for the evening.  I know what I should do, but I am not in the mood.  I should be emptying the table and putting music away.  I also should be vacuuming the floor too, but I am just not in the mood for anything like that.  I will do it this week.  I also need to fold some clothes that are on the hangers in the back room.  They are the few clothes left of Mom's.  I am definitely not in the mood for that.  I need to though this week, because the pile of clean clothes of mine on the dryer is getting bigger and I need to hang up some of those clothes so I can take them upstairs.

Well, I am going to read for a bit.  I do hope you are having a good day too.  It has been.  Church was good and so was the nap.

1 comment:

  1. Hi girls...I hear ya about Holloween...I used to dress as a clown to visit hospitals and make people happy, but this was anytime of the year...such fun I wish I could still do it...I'm making lap afghans for a nursing home in our are to be given out before Christmas...I'd rather do those things than celebrate Holloween...Celebrating Fall is more fun!!! Blessings for a great day!!

    ReplyDelete