Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday 10-28

It has been an interesting day.  I went and picked up Maia to bring her to her boyfriend's house.  It was just a quick trip over the border, few minutes there, few minutes back.  The only hiccup was the charcoal in the trunk of my car.  I had thought it was gone but a few days ago I found it in the trunk of the car.  Did you know that charcoal is not allowed to be brought into Canada?  No?  Neither did I.  Fortunately, the border patrol officer let me through and I will have it taken out tomorrow.  I meant to have it taken out today, but I forgot to remind Heather to help me.  I hope I can take it out of my car myself because I am NOT driving around with it anymore.  Next spring, I will give it to the church to replace the charcoal we used for the summer concert.

Acer did really good at his lesson today.  He sat there nicely and he did the proper fingering with both hands.  It was really nice to see how he did.  Then we worked on his high notes and what to do about some of the straining he does.  I think the new trick will work.  I am very pleased with how he did.  Calli also had two good lessons.  She does both voice and piano.  She has a lovely singing voice that is rather mature for her age.  Her range is out of this world for her age and well, for any age truth be told.  She has over a 3 octave range.  It is close to 3 1/2 octaves.  Think Mariah Carey high notes and this 11 year old can hit them.  Amazing.  We finished the left hand for Hark the Herald Angels Sing and started the Little Drummer Boy.  We have about 4 weeks now until the Christmas Concert, which is going to be on December 4.  Emily began her Christmas Concert music too.  She played them very well today so I am not worried that she won't have the music down pat.  Emily will do well.  I have to copy the music for Katie tomorrow.  I just remembered that.  Also, Calli and Katie need their duet too.  Katie will have to decide what they are going to sing.  I just hope that Calli likes it too.

I have been thinking about this for a while.  I have often wondered of the inequities of some things.  This has happened within the family with me for a long time now.  I am expected to accept people's lifestyles, belief systems, and look at things from their point of view, but when it comes to me, I don't get the same respect, for lack of a better word.  I am, at times, ridiculed for what I believe, how I live and in general, my point of view.  I don't understand this.  We are all different in many different ways that is just the way we are made but my differences are insulted (sometimes this happened last spring) and looked down upon.  I just don't understand this at all.  I don't say anything about the differences in our lifestyles but it is okay to put my lifestyle down.  I do not go around speaking the Gospel nor do I condemn people who don't believe in God.  That is there personal business between them and God.  I figure I have enough I am going to have to explain to God that I am not going to start picking up someone else's stuff.  Everyone sins and makes mistakes.  The only perfect person died about 2000 years ago.  I am far from perfect but I try to live my life as I was raised.  I am a Christian.  I was raised in church.  However, I have not attended a church in the last 7 or 8 years.  I recently joined a church choir and have started attending a different church than the one I was raised in.  There is nothing wrong with the church I was raised in, I just feel at this point, a different church is where I need to be.  I have many family members who don't believe in God and I do not try to convince them otherwise nor do I look down at them because their belief system is different than mine.  I just try to live my life and think that actions speak louder than words.  I may not understand some of the reasons people do what they do, however it is not my place to criticize them or put them down.  I want the same things for them that I want for me: to live my life how I see is best, be happy, and be successful.  I want my family to live the way they think is best, raise their children the best that they can, be happy, and be successful.

This is just something I have been thinking about for a few years now.  It has been a thinking and a good day.  I hope your day is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment