Saturday, September 5, 2009

I didn't sleep very well last night.  I was up I think for most of it.  I just couldn't sleep, no reason, just couldn't.  Rather annoying to say the least.  I am not as tired as I thought I would be though.  Of course, it is only 1:30 in the afternoon!  

I had one student today, Lily, she is 11 (already!) she takes voice.  She is doing pretty well with it and practices more than when she played the piano.  One of the older girls wants to sing at Christmas with her.  I think that will be neat.  They will sound good together.

It occurred to me last night (when I couldn't sleep) that my older brother, Richard cannot handle my illness.  When I was talking to him he said I sounded "better".  Well, I am not better, I sounded happy, that's all and I was because I was talking to him.  I read a blog this week (a new one for me) pointed out how people want her to be "better" and don't realize that you can sound happy and not be better.  That is Richard in a nutshell.  He wants me to be better.  Maybe someday he will realize this is better and this is what it is going to be.  I have learned to live with my limitations (most of the time!) so he will have to too.

Pain isn't so bad today.  Even my arm is somewhat behaving (for now anyway).  My head is down to its dull roar and so is everything else.  I am not sure if we are going to scooter today or not.  Mom gets overheated so easy and it is sunny out so I don't know if it is a good idea.  She got extra hot yesterday when we went to CVS for our ticket.  We didn't get any numbers.  We will try again for Tuesday.

Tuesday I have to have my blood test, the one I managed to forget about this month.  Because of the blood thinners, I have to have blood tests at least once a month, sometimes more depending on my blood.  I hate blood tests!  They hurt too much.  I did completely forget that I didn't make the appointment for this one.  Silly me, fibro fog!

I am going to pick out a movie for us now.  Or a TV show.  One or the other.  Someday I hope to have a TV in the living room instead of on the kitchen table and we watch from the dining room table.  It gets rather uncomfortable at times.

Have a great day and enjoy the holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment