Tuesday, November 23, 2010

fighting with the insurance day

I called the homeowner's insurance yesterday because they cancelled our policy.  When I called to tell them about Mom's death, they said all I had to do was send in her certificate and a copy of the trust and they would just switch names on the policy.  Well, apparently not.  They have totally cancelled.  Now I had thought that it was cancelled already, but apparently I do have some time.  It doesn't cancel until December 20, so yeah, for that.  So I called the insurance agent because the quote I got from the company was really high, like triple what I paid with the little lady here.  It is amazing how much stuff has to be done because my little Momma has gone.  If I wished she were here then, you can only imagine how much I wish she were here now!  So the agent is going to shop around and see about what prices we can get.  I hope to get something shortly that isn't too expensive.  Ugh, this is a nightmare that keeps on going at times.

I have to pick up 2 more certificates for Mom because I don't have any left.  I should have gone with my first instinct which was to get 4, it would have been much cheaper than getting more now and they would be paid for!

Cousin Cathy is here.  We were up until after midnight last night.  Yup, little me was up that late.  We were talking, using the computer (she brought hers to keep in contact with her children), and all around doing fine.  I would say I am enjoying myself as best as I can.  She doesn't expect me to be the happy go lucky girl I once was, which is a nice relief.  She doesn't expect me to be over my mom yet.  She wants me to take my time and do things at my own pace.  What a relief!  I don't have to put on the fake happy face.  I can be myself.  Sometimes when I am out, I feel I have to put on the fake happy face.  We are heading out in a few to go to the usual and also to Verizon Wireless to change over the account to my name only from mom's name.

I got up earlier than usual today despite my late night going to bed.  I have to get up early tomorrow because I am going to Lily's school.  Should be a good time.  I am looking forward to it.  Then who knows what Cathy and I will be doing.  She wants to do a bit of shopping for Christmas.  I already have William and Abigail's presents ready.  They just have to be shipped.  I have to get 2 gift certificates for Richard and Jennifer to add to the package, but other than that I am almost done.  The last thing I need to get are the gifts for my students.  Generally, I make their presents, some sort of homemade ornaments for them, but this year I am just not up to it.

Well, we are on our way out!  It should be a good day.  I do have 2 students later!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment