Monday, November 1, 2010

7 lesson day

I have 7 lessons today!  yeah!  I am happy about that.  I survived last night, my first holiday without the little Mom.  I only cried a bit.  Maia is here sorting through pictures for my uncles.  I know Andrew wants some too and Richard.  I will deal with their pictures later.

Not much going on other than lessons today.  Everyone is working on Christmas music right now.  Rachel will actually have a lesson on Wednesday.  She hasn't had one since Labor Day weekend.  I am glad she is having one Wednesday and not Sunday as I am planning to be at my uncle's on Sunday for dinner.  Andrew is supposed to be there too, at least I am hopeful that his car will be okay enough to be there.

Tomorrow I am calling my social worker after I go to the lawyers.  I have to meet with him to find out all I have to do for Mom's trust.  I am going to have to start going through her stuff but I am not doing it for a few more weeks.  I just don't feel like it.  I go into her room and I can still smell her soap.  I like being able to do that right now.  Makes me feel better as it has only been 2 weeks since she died.  Part of me can't believe this horrible stuff started 3 weeks ago and part of me feels like it has been forever since she died.

We are going to be doing secret Santa's for the Christmas Concert among the students this year.  I think that would be fun.  I don't know what I am going to make for the students this year.  Every year (mostly) I usually make an ornament for them.  I have been doing this for almost 20 years now.  I just don't know what to make and I am not ready to start making them yet.  I have until December 12 to finish them, so I will start after Thanksgiving.

I looked on some job sites last night.  I may have found some that are interesting to me.  I have to revamp my resume because it has been 10 years since I have last used it.  Time to dust it off and update it.  I hope I find something or at least find a decent place to live that I can afford.  The best thing would be to find a job that allows me to stay in the house for a while.  That would be the best because then I wouldn't have to rush looking through stuff.  I hope I am healthy enough for work.  I know I am for more students because I already do some teaching.  We shall see for something else.  I am hopeful for that.

It is nice out today with the type of puffy clouds Mom loved.  It made me think of her and smile which I think is the first time I have been able to do that.  Mom loved making shapes out of the clouds.  I still miss her a lot, but the pain isn't there pounding on me all the time right now so that is good.

I hope this finds you doing well and having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment