Saturday, November 6, 2010

saturday, and the cold is still here

I haven't been down by a cold in so long I forgot how miserable they can be.  i think I slept most of yesterday away, and it is looking like that will be the case again today.  However, if it makes me feel better, I am all for it.  It seems my uncle's girlfriend, Michelle, now has it too.  So that makes about 4 of us in the family who are sick.  She has the runny eyes too, which I have never had before, but boy do I look awful with runny eyes.  Not that I am sure anyone would look great with them, but I look awful.  I was told this morning I look like I am hungover.  Now, I have only had 1 drink in my entire life and it tasted awful so I don't think I am hungover.  I know that it is hard to believe, but I get sick at the smell of alcohol, simply sick to my tummy.  When I was younger and Mom would have wine, I got sick before I even took a drink of it, so no more tasting for me.  When I turned 21 I had the 1 drink and really, I only drank about 1/5 of it and then was ill, so you can see why I wouldn't be hungover.  Either way, i look absolutely horrifying.  I do hope this thing disappears rather quickly like it arrived.

I finally got my antibiotic.  I drank the entire dose like it said, so let's hope it is working!  It is a one dose medicine that stays in your system for about a week so hey, no drinking more medicine, although it didn't taste that bad.  I was happy about that.

Since I have been doing a lot of sleeping, not much has been done.  Tillie and Maia will be here Monday so then we will get the paperwork I need done here and ready to go.  I have been alone for most of the week and it hasn't been too bad.  I have my bad moments where I really want my mom, but others I am okay with her in Heaven.  I don't think I will ever get over her, I mean, she was my Mom and my best friend, but I am feeling more confident that I can do things on my own.  I am still nervous of what is going to happen, but I am working on trusting God more and more.  When you have no idea where you are going to be living in 6 months, it is hard work trusting God to provide and show the way.  He took care of Mom and showed me how to do that when I wasn't sure I could do it, so I know he will do the same for me.  This cold just has back tracked a few things that I will work on next week when I am as healthy as I can be.

Mom's friend, Jose, was here this morning with workout DVDs for us to do.  Yeah, I can't do any of them, not to mention I am sick with a cold right now.  I watched them with him, and let me tell you, I can't do anything they were doing.  Not one bit.  I mean, I can't walk very far, stand very long, or move my arms over my head very much either but he has me being able to do these exercises soon.  I wanted to cry.  He doesn't get it.  I have arthritis and Fibromyalgia.  How on earth does he expect me to do these?  I have no idea.  The next time he wants to come over for exercise I will be busy, I just will find something else to do.  this is crazy, I can't do it and I won't hurt myself trying to either.  He is so clueless on these illnesses.

Anyways, I am getting tired again.  Time to go and lay down some more.  I hope you are having a great day and enjoying good weather!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been struck down by a rotten cold Heather, that's really bad news :0(
    You stay warm and cosy now...plenty of fluids and plenty of rest.
    Big hugs ((((((hugs))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Heather! We're in a fine mess, huh? You with your cold and me with my twitches! I hope you better soon. And I don't blame you that don't do the exercises. Just do what you can do. That I do.
    Rest up!
    Big hugs to you!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I hope you feel better soon..regarding the exercising, try some stretching..My rheumatologist asked me to try stretching and it's a start..just do what you can do, dont let anyone make you feel bad bacause you can't do what everyone else thinks they can do.
    Feel better, hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie you need to check with your own doctor in regard to exercise. Everyone is geared to different things. Don't exert yourself and get hurt physically more! Take care ok? Anne

    ReplyDelete