Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It was a good night for both of us.  I did call the doctor and got her slightly stronger anxiety meds but the store had to order it so I will pick it up tomorrow.  Mom went pretty much right into bed so I was able to go to sleep right away too, well as right away as I can get.  Pain is regular today, not too high or too much, just the normal.  I am a happy girl for the day.  I have 3 students, the usual Katie, Charlie, and Zack.  Katie is going to competition, she was over last night to rehearse the duet with Rachel, who is not so ready for competition.  It is this weekend.  Yup, that's what I said, this weekend.  I for one, am looking forward to room service!  We usually get room service Saturday night with ice cream for mom and tea for me, sometimes cheesecake.  I don't know what Tilley will want, but she can get something too!  That is the treat of the weekend for us.  I have let me kids know who are going but aren't staying over they can just use my room key for swimming.  I mean, it isn't like I am going to be in the pool.  I don't swim much or well and i don't really like it.  I used to like snorkeling, which, I know doesn't make much sense, but hey, I am a Heather and we don't always make sense.  

I have to call the agency today to make an appointment for mom to be put on the waiting list for Long Term Care in Windsor.  I figure if I make plans for both sides of the border, she will be covered!  Right?  I know I once said I wouldn't but now that it is actually getting closer and not in the abstract, I have to think what is best for Mom.  It is best for me that she stays here, monetarily speaking, but not best for her.  I figure in the next six months I will be placing her in LTC.  It will be so difficult to do, but I will buck up and do it.  She is really declining right now.  I hope she levels off, but with this disease, one never knows, do they.

Not much happening today other than some phone calls and teaching.  I miss working and the busy part it brings.  I talked to my friend's friend, who is a recruiter and asked her to keep me in mind if something comes up.  I hope she does, in about 6 months after mom is placed I will be able to go back to work.  Maybe i will have a studio then, maybe not.  The economy is just not really good right now so who knows.  I plan to continue teaching no matter what.  Even if it is just a few and part time.

I hope your day is good, ours is so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment