Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's snowing outside right now.  We are supposed to get anywhere from 5 to 15 inches of snow.  We haven't had much this winter.  Not that I mind, it can be difficult with Mom in the snow.  She is kinda afraid of it now.  We do have to go to an appointment tomorrow so I hope the roads will be clear by the time we leave.  It does look really pretty outside with the snow falling down.  Winter wonderland.  I don't mind snow when I am inside!

I can laugh about this now, but last night was not so funny.  Mom took four hours to go to bed.  Yup, 4 hours.  She is sleeping in her chair right now because she is so tired from last night.  It didn't matter what I did, she wanted to go home.  I gave her more medicine and that didn't help.  I think she needs a stronger sedative for nighttime on nights like that.  When we first went into bed she was fine, but after the fourth time getting up she wasn't.  I must admit, I got very angry and upset over this.  I tried to stay calm but she kept wandering and wanting to call me on the phone so we could go home.  When she is like that there isn't anything I can do about it.  I tried.  I even tried to let her wander around on her own while I went into bed.  That didn't work.  I can't sleep while she is up like that.  I did try several times.  I even yelled at her that we were home.  She didn't get it.  I have no idea how other people deal with this, but I don't deal well with this issue at times.  I expect her to get up from bed a few times before she stays for the night, but this was ridicules.  Just ridicules.  I hate this disease who is taking my mom away from me.  This stranger in her place is not her.  During the day, she is mostly fine and knows who I am and who she is, but mornings and nights are not the best.  She is usually confused at both times of the day.  Not a good thing anymore.  I am getting to the end of my ropes with it.

Anyways, we shall see how the meeting tomorrow with the social worker goes, I have to bring a list of her medicines and I don't know what else.  I can't take anymore of this this week so I hope the rest of the week is fine.

I hope your day is going well and your not getting tons of snow like we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment