Friday, July 30, 2010

It is a good day so far. We are waiting for the physical therapist to arrive. She hasn't called to say she is coming yet and as far as I know, she is supposed to come today. Mom is awake right not, so now would be good! Mom is alert today better than usual so I am happy on that.

We don't have too much planned for the day. I need to copy some CDs for teaching and email a couple of friends about lessons, but other than that, not much. I am going to have a new website for lessons. My friend, Laura, (from high school no less!) builds them and she is going to build mine. I just have to decide what to put in it and that is that. I am so excited about it, it won't cost a whole lot to host, under $50 for a year, which I have enough to pay, and the domain name and then her costs. I think I only need a couple of pages, I don't see needing more than 2, I want a simple site. I will look at this later today and decide what I want. I haven't really seen any sites like this, so I am going in blind. I am going to research on the web to see if other teachers have done this. I really want to be up to date on advertising techniques. I tried the newspaper and it didn't work too well, so now I will try both for fall. I only need a few more (about 10) students and I will be tapped out. With that money and disability, we will be doing alright. Of course, I still want to be with Richard and family but who knows if that will ever pan out. Right now he has so much to deal with. I just want to be closer to him and the family because I miss him and his family so much and I think they are missing out on Mom. Eventually, Mom will not be able to communicate or have fun and now she can so you got to take the opportunity to be with her now, not later. But with this economy, and he looking for a job, it just isn't practical for him. He has to take care of the family and I do understand that, really I do. I just can't help missing him and wishing we were closer to him.

Mom is trying to play with the mouse again. She does this all the time. It is kind of both funny and annoying at the same time. I think she thinks she needs to move it to its place and doesn't realize it is already there.

I did get a very brief email from Richard yesterday. He only sends brief ones, extremely brief but at least I got the answer I needed from him.

Mom was about to put my purse (backpack) on the floor. I rescued it in time. I hate my purse or backpack on the floor. It is just a cloth one so it is small but fits what I need in it. I can carry Mom's ensure and all my stuff in one bag. Mom has a new backpack for her now too. I plan to use it this weekend, although, now I am kind of thinking it may be too big and I want a smaller one for her. We will be going to Toys R Us this weekend to look at the ones they have. Kathy said they have the cloth ones up and they have princess ones. I may get her that one for when we aren't going out very long and then she will have one for the car and one to carry. That may be the way to go.

I am not sure what we are doing tomorrow, we may go and see Ramona and Beezus, that looks so cute and I loved those stories so much when I was a child. We'll see how it goes. I am not taking her to see Eclipse,although I really want to see that movie a lot. Wendy's daughter said it is a bit scary and she thinks that it would scare Mom too much so we aren't going to see it together. I may get a sitter and go by myself, or maybe I will wait until it comes out on DVD. It isn't that bad if I have to wait. They come out pretty fast now, not like a few years ago. I am, however, really looking forward to the new Harry Potter movie. If I have to get a sitter, I will, but I AM going to see that one in the movie theatre. I just love Harry Potter! Mom has enjoyed the other movies but they, too, are getting darker and I don't know how she will deal with that now that sometimes she thinks what is happening on the TV is real. She does alright, still, with NCIS, but that will end sometime soon too, I have a feeling about that. We watch some cute shows that she likes a lot, like the Say Yes to the Dress on TLC and the DC cupcakes on TLC. We watched HGTV last night and she enjoyed the real estate shows we were watching. So she can watch some TV and enjoy it still. I don't know for how long though but I am glad it is happening. I don't know what we will do for entertainment when she can't watch anything anymore. Maybe I will move her chair so she can't watch it. Who knows? We will deal with that when it happens.

Anyways, it is rather nice outside again today. Not to hot, not to cold. Unfortunately, I have a really bad headache again, second day in a row, and it is not the weather's fault. Stress and drama is. I have started a new rule. I will not be friends on face book with new students or their parents. It isn't worth it. I am not unfriending any of the students I am friends with right now, but I will not be adding any more. I think this is for the best. If they need to get a hold of me, email or phone will work so it isn't like they can't get a hold of me at all, I just don't do drama. I need to have calm in my life because drama causes extra pain and headaches and upsetness in general, so no more drama.

I hope you are having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment