Sunday, July 25, 2010

We spent the day at my uncle's. It was a lot of fun. Even my little brother, Andrew was there. Tillie wasn't. We finally got a hold of her at about 6 pm and she was sick which is why she wasn't there and didn't call to tell us. She slept the entire day away. We didn't stop by her house to drop off her magazines and mail. She said she was really sick so we stayed away. Andrew and my cousin, Jayson, went swimming in the afternoon before dinner in the pool. Mom and I stayed inside. I don't do swimming very often and I didn't feel like it today. Besides, I am not even sure my bathing suit fits me. I highly doubt it. I do have 2 of them, but I haven't worn them in a couple of years and I think I have gained a bit of weight since I last wore them. Since I don't swim much, it isn't an issue.

Mom looked really cook in her turquoise hoodie. It is one of the ones my uncle got her for her birthday. She has about 8 hoodies now, all but 1 are for spring/summer wear. I will have to get her a few for winter as she only has the 1. Although she does have 2 fleece jackets she wears in the winter.

We are going back to my uncle's in a few weeks. I like seeing him and his family on a regular basis. It is a lot of fun and I know Mom really enjoys herself too even if she can't remember after a few days. When we left, Mom has a bit of a hard time coming down the two steps into Uncle John's garage so Andrew just picked up Mom and carried her down. It didn't frighten her at all, no tears like I was afraid would happen, absolutely none. She took it all in stride and then he helped her walk to the car and she got in by herself. She has been able to do that again for a few weeks now. I don't have to help her in or out of my car, she has difficulty with other people's cars, but not mine. She is used to mine.

I have 5 lessons tomorrow. I am so excited about that. We do have to get up earlier than usual as the first lesson is at 11:30, but that is alright. I haven't seen the Muglia girls in almost over a month so I am really happy to be seeing them. We both have been on vacation, then there was VBS, then a wedding in their family and then with Mom's physical Therapy interrupting sewing lessons, it has just been one thing after another, so yeah! I get my girls tomorrow! I also have Bob and Aggie's lessons tomorrow too which I am excited about. I just love teaching. It is really the best job in the world. Calli is at camp and Frank is at band camp so they are a no go for lessons. I am really hoping Calli is having a ball at camp. It will be another 2 weeks before I see her though because next week right after she comes home from camp her family will be going on vacation! Camping! Really rustic camping, the type where you build your own laterines! Yup, you build your own bathrooms. A little too rustic for me, but I do love camping and miss it. There is no way I could take Mom camping right now that is for sure but in the future I may have an opportunity to go camping.

Well, the little Mom and I are getting very tired so I think it is off to bed for us! I hope your day was good and that you have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, your love of teaching comes through in your writing. I'm happy you have found many things you enjoy. I hope Tillie feels better soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete