Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mom's new toys came today. They are smaller than I thought. She has been playing with them since I opened the box, those and some tissue. It is kind of amusing. Now she has 2 of them in her pockets and the others on the table. It is too cute for words.

On another front, the Paxton clan is now at war with the tiny red ants. Yup, I am. They come up between the back of the sink and the wall. Not a pretty sight. They only show up on hot days. Now, that really sucks because we will be gone for a few days soon and it is supposed to be really hot those few days. Hmm, what to do. Well I have a few suggestions I am going to try both from friends. I have sprayed some raid and I have ant traps on each side of the kitchen sink at the back and under the sink. Fortunately, I don't think Mom would try to eat them or anything. She doesn't go near the sink without me. I will also try the splenda and the baking soda/confectioner's sugar mix too. Anything to get rid of these annoying pests. I was dismayed when I saw them this morning. Ugh, was my first thought, and there were a lot of the tiny suckers. What was there, is now gone and I hope no more show up. I don't need to come home and have to fumigate the house, that would really suck. Taken over by tiny red ants. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. I hope to have a good handle on this now. Anymore suggestions? Just let me know. I will try them all if necessary.

The left arm is a bit sore today. Not really sure why except it is hot out today and humid and I tend to ache more during that weather. My head isn't too bad yet, but I have a feeling it will get worse as the day goes on.

I want to go to the used bookstore today. I need something new to read. I also have some laundry I have to do so I can pack when we are ready to go. I plan to do some reading while we are gone. I am bringing books for Mom to read too. She loves reading and I have some great children's books for her. I will bring her fiddling toys with us too. I also am hoping I remember to pack the camera. I have been a bit forgetful (even with a list) on these type details the last few times we went on vacation. Not a good thing if one wants to take pictures. Speaking of pictures, I will be doing that next week of the painted violins. I hope to have a few of them posted for the give away. There are about 20 or so of them.

I hope you are having a good day and that it isn't too hot for you either. Stay cool!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. "tis a bit warm, I think it's 113 today.

    Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to slip off my shoes, be me, and drench myself in God's goodness.

    Splashing,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would say 113 degrees is a bit hot! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete