Thursday, July 15, 2010

It is now storming out. From hot and humid to a storm, such a typical Michigan July afternoon. I don't mind the storms when I am inside and not trying to sleep. It isn't too bad where we are, but south of us in Detroit is pretty bad. We are supposed to be getting more after this one. They should be over by the time we go to bed which I think will be early since I am tired and we are getting up early tomorrow.

I forgot to get the book club book again today. I will have to do that before next week. I wonder if we should change the date of book club because Aggie will be absent. It will only be Maggie and I. Hm, I am not sure. I think I will call Maggie and ask her opinion.

We had a good day today. We started off the day with an early phone call from the big brother, Richard. I received a business letter about the store yesterday that needs to go to our lawyer and I wanted him to know all about it. I don't what made him think I would be awake at that time. I am not a morning person. Anyways, he is working this week and he had time to call so he had to call then. I didn't really mind, I was sorta awake. Mother nature and all that. Mom was awake too. I, of course, went back to bed for an hour after I put Mom back on her bed. She just sat there for the hour that I slept or tried to sleep. We had to get up a bit early today because I had a doctor's appointment at 11am. It was with the tummy doctor, just a routine check up on my medication. I take reglan which can have some severe side effects. I have been lucky as i don't have any and never have. I hope to never have any. After that we went to Tim Horton's and saw our friend, Rosemary. Rosemary lives down the street from us. She has been our friend for years. We enjoy meeting up with her at Tim Horton's. She has some material for the Muglia girls that I will be passing to them in a couple of weeks when I see them again. I can't wait to see them, it has been several weeks.

When we got home for Tim Horton's, I put Mom in the living room for a bit of a nap. Aggie had her lesson and then we were off to the Bowman Thomlinson's house for knitting. I was able to do a few rows of knitting before the old hands starting aching. In this hot weather, my hands ache so fast. They are aching now. We had a good time as usual. Her children, Callie and Acer, were resting when we arrived. They woke up shortly after we had been there a bit. Heather is working on a baby blanket and it is so pretty. I am working on a scarf for Mom and it could be a really long time before Mom gets it from me. The red yarn matches Mom's red winter coat.

I am rather tired now. I have been up since about 8:30 which is the earliest I have been up in a long time. Mom is playing with her food and drink tonight. I have her fiddling toys right in front of you, but she is playing with the fork. I think we are heading to bed early. Heather is coming over early tomorrow to help me put the scooter in the trunk. Callie is coming with her. Acer and Granny Pat are going to the school playground to play for a while. How fun for the little guy. He is 5 and is learning to swim. Callie goes to camp next week and she is learning how to tread water. She can do it for 2 minutes now which is what she needs to do in order to go to the deep end. I can't wait to hear how camp is for her. I won't see her for 3 weeks after tomorrow. She is going to have a great time.

I have to stop now, my hands are burning now, so good night! Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment