Sunday, June 27, 2010

I am so tired. We spent the day at my Uncle John's house with his family. My younger brother, Andrew, was there with his new girl friend, Angela. She is very nice and her father has Alzheimer's too, so she totally understands Mom. A very important detail to me. She was very kind to Mom. Andrew served Mom her dinner and I was thinking, oh my, that is way too much food, she is never going to eat it. Well, she did, every last bit. I couldn't believe it. She even had fruit and ice cream after. I mean, man, how awesome is that? She ate her whole dinner, something she has not done for 4 months. I have to give her 1/2 of cup here, 1/2 of cup there, and beg her to eat that and then finish it off with an ensure drink. Not today, she ate the whole thing. Michelle, my Uncle's girl friend, gave us enough left overs for 2 days. The last time we were there in May, Mom ate pretty well too, but not as good as she did today. We were all very impressed about it. I think this week I am going to get a roast and cook it in the slow cooker so it will be very tender and then cut it up into meals and try serving that to her to see if that helps her eating at all. All I know, is I thought this wasn't going to be a good eating day because she at 1/2 of her cheeseburger for lunch and it turned out to be fantastic. We had a really good day there, we really did. Michelle and Jayson (my small 3 year old cousin - who is so adorable) will be coming to visit us soon too. I can't wait, that will be awesome too.

I am so tired right now though. I can't think of anything else to say except it was a great weekend. Started off with a great wedding, then a nice and relaxing Saturday, and then another great day at my Uncle's. I like these kind of weekends. I hope we have more soon. Maybe when Richard is in town we will take him to my Uncle's too. That would be great. I just don't know when Richard is coming. My niece turns 11 this week. Oh my, it is hard to believe, I remember when she was born. Such a tiny thing she was. I fell in love with her at first sight. Same with my nephew. Both are the joys in my life, I just don't get to see them very often as they live in Seattle and I don't.

I hope your day and weekend was as great as ours was! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment