Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It is absolutely beautiful out today. The sun is shining and there is a cool breeze. I had the windows down in the car for our short drive. Mom seemed to enjoy it too. I woke up rather late this morning, noon. I was so tired last night and we didn't go to bed until 11 pm so by the time I got Mom into bed and me ready for bed, it was 11:30 before I got in. I am a 12 hour sleeper. I tend to wake up several times a night from the pain so sometimes I have to get up and walk to the bathroom and back or sometimes just getting out of bed reduces the pain. It makes for a terrible night sleep, but hey, when you have FMS, what can you do? I am tired still so I think I will make it an early night for the two of us, maybe around 9 pm like we used to do all the time. Mom, of course, was awake way before me. I didn't move her legs more into the center of the bed last night so she woke up with them over the side of the bed. I don't like that because it causes her pain. She didn't want me to move her legs over last night, she was really afraid of me doing that so I didn't. Well, I will have to, whether or not she is afraid because the results cause her way too much pain and we can't have that. That is just unacceptable. She is sitting in the dining room with me right now instead of the living room. She has the beginning of a pressure sore on her tailbone so I don't want her sitting in there much today. The nurse is coming tomorrow and she will look at Mom for me. I called her today and asked her to do that tomorrow. I didn't want to forget, and you know how fibro fog is. My luck, I would totally forget until she was gone. Not acceptable, best to call ahead and ask, so I did. Mom, surprisingly, is still awake and not sleeping. She often is asleep at this time of day. Maybe she got enough sleep last night, it is possible. It would be nice if one of us could get a good night's sleep. She has been eating and drinking very good for the last couple of days. She ate all her dinner last night and the night before. She also has finished her milk and most of her water, not to mention an ensure. Overall, I think she is doing much better. She has stopped being nervous now so I think she is used to being home again even though she doesn't remember the nursing home. I still haven't totally figured out how to get Mom to gain the 11 pounds she lost in the nursing home. She just doesn't eat that much. I try to give her good, high calorie foods, but she will only eat so much.

I have 2 lessons today, Zachary and Charlie. Zachary is a singer and Charlie plays tenor saxophone. Both are pretty good students although at times I wonder how much they each practice. Callie and the Muglia girls are by far the best practicers I have. All 4 girls practice everyday. The Muglia girls even have to be told to stop practicing at times because they practice so much. Now they have a piano so they practice even more. Their mom got it at an estate sale a few streets away from them. The girls have wanted a real piano for several years now and I am glad they are finally able to get one. I won't have any more lessons after today until Saturday. I have lessons on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday. I wish it was everyday, but right now this is how it is. I am hoping for a few more students come fall. I didn't get any response to the ads I put in the paper. I am rather disappointed with that. I had hoped for at least 2 new students. It is just tough in our area right now, economically speaking. I am thankful for the students I have. Speaking of students, I need to update my bookkeeping book. I haven't done that since Mom went into the hospital. Oops. I guess I better dig it out of the center of the table and fix it. I will be sorry if I don't at the end of the year when I have to go back and fix it. It is best to do it daily.

Mom is falling asleep now. It is kinda funny to watch. She keeps trying to fight closing her eyes just like a small child would do. She is rather fun to watch at times.

Well, I hope this finds you doing well. So far, it has been a nice day for us. It will be even better when I am teaching this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment