Saturday, January 14, 2012

the first snowfall to stick to the ground

Yesterday I woke up to a winter wonderland!  There was about 2 inches of snow on the ground.  We have had brief snow falls, but they didn't stay on the ground and by the end of the day, it was totally gone.  This one stuck.  The sidewalks and the driveways are mostly cleared by now though because there really wasn't too much snow.  It looked really pretty out yesterday.  I realized today that I should have taken a picture of it.  I will the next time and since we live in Michigan, I am so sure there will be a next time.  I am thankful we haven't had the snow we had last year as we had so much snow.  I am thankful that this year things have been rather mild.  I am hoping for a rather mild winter, although just because it starts off slow doesn't mean we won't get the regular amount of snow.  If we do, I am ready, well, as ready as I can be.  My little red baby is in the garage safe from any snow falls.  That is the biggest thing I am glad for, having my car in the garage.  I won't have to scrap windows or clear off snow when I need to go somewhere.  It really is a major blessing.

It was a quiet teaching day today, just my lovely Camille.  She is in 4th grade and is doing really, really well.  Camille is just a lovely student to have!  Tomorrow is Rick and a make up for Brianne.  I will be able to take a small nap after church before Brianne arrives.  That will work out well.

My friend and former student, Kelly Lynn is coming by this evening.  She is a newly graduated teacher. She is doing pretty well.  I am so proud of her.  I had her as a child for a student.  I am face book friends with several former students.  Face book is so great to reconnect with people.  I have found some childhood friends, relatives, as well as the former students on face book.  I also found some college friends too.  That is a good thing.  Well, anyway, Kelly Lynn is coming over and we will have some fun.  I am hoping to go to bed a bit early since 6:45 comes super early in the morning!  I love singing in the choir!

My craft kits have come in!  i don't know which ones to make first?  It is a rough decision as all of them are adorable.  One is snowmen, trees, mittens, another is penguins, and the last is mittens with embroidery on them.  I also need to start taking down the Christmas stuff.  I am probably going to start that this evening after Kelly Lynn leaves.  I am leaving some of the window clings on, the winter ones and I plan to get some Valentines Day ones too to put up.  I know I have some.  They are in Mom's closet so I will look to see what I have and what I need.  I will have to get some new table cloths because I will have a round table now and not the oval ones so the table cloths I have won't fit my table.  I don't mind getting new table cloths.  i don't buy super expensive ones because I would be afraid to use them.  They might get stained or something like that.  I buy vinyl ones that have cute designs on them.  I have about 3 table cloths I haven't used yet.  They will be donated because I won't be able to use them with the new table.

Kelly Lynn should be here shortly.  I do hope you are having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment