Friday, October 15, 2010

I will be heading out to go see Mom shortly.  My cousin and her daughter are on their way.  Mom is still hanging on.  I am trying to wrap my head around this whole thing.  It isn't working.  I can't believe I am here.  I have known all summer Mom was failing and that by fall she might not be here.  I tried to prepare myself as best as possible.  There is no way to be ready for this.  I am learning this too well right now.  I have Tillie and Maia here with me.  Tillie spends the night and Maia spends the day here.  They are a big help.  I got a nice email from Andrew and I just talked to him.  He is in the same shape I am in.  I told him I loved him and that we would get through this together.  Somehow we will.  I just don't know how right now.  I already miss her.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, my heart goes completely out to you. You will NEVER be ready for the death of a parent or loved one or friend. You can have your memories of good times and lean on your family members. They are there to support you. Sounds like you are in good hands. I know what you are going through. Only difference is you knew for awhile your mom wasn't doing well. My mom, in a 24 hour period, had her kidneys fail and her heart stopped three times. I told them to let her go if her heart stopped again, which it did. I felt like MY heart stopped, too. I still grieve for her, but I can look at her picture now and not burst into tears. I have my emotional days, but I have good ones, too. Mom is in Heaven and she will greet your mom when she gets there. :0) Hold strong, get plenty of rest, and my prayers and thoughts are with you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete