Friday, October 22, 2010

Viewing Day

Today is the viewing from 2 to 9.  I am kind of nervous about it because we don't know how many people will be coming.  I know some are, but I don't know how many or mostly who.  I only know about a few of them.  I hope Mom looks okay, I know they can't add extra pounds on her but I hope she looks okay.

I am picking up Richard in a few minutes.  I am going to leave a bit early so I can get some food along the way and make sure I am not late.  He arrives at 11:35.  I am very excited to see him.  I haven't physically seen him in 2 years.  I am bringing a book with me to read so I won't be bored waiting for him.  Well, I will be, but not as much with a book in hand.  Then we will head straight home and then to the viewing.  It will be a long day for me.  I have a bit of a headache right now which is probably not the best way to start the day.  It hurts more than the usual headache.  I will be taking medicine for it right before I leave.

Mom will have an open casket.  Yes, I know, some family members wanted it closed, but I want it open so it will be.  Everything is mostly my choice for Mom.  I picked out everything for her.  I planned everything for her tomorrow too.  It was a few of the last things I could do for her.

I am heading out now to go and pick up the big brother.

2 comments:

  1. My Mom lived in sweats the last few years. I went to a local store and found her a dress. Keep your chin up, one more day to hold it together. Hope you are having a good visit with Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, how did today go? we were on the road heading home, but was thinking of you:)

    ReplyDelete