Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Keeping Faith

Today I was reading one of the blogs I read, and it hit me.  I have to let this money situation go and let God take care of it.  That is what I believe, so now is the time to act upon it.  I am praying.  I know somehow the financial situation will work out and I will be living where I am supposed to be.  Today, I am more hopeful.  Mom is also watching out for me.  I know she is.  It is a bit easier right now for me.  Earlier in the doctor office it was hard because it was the first time since Mom died that I had been in there and the nurses all wanted to let me know how sorry they were.  I was thankful.  So many people have been so kind to me.  I miss her all the time.  How could I not?  She was my whole life for the last few years, and before that she came with me to my store everyday.  Yup, everyday, the little Mom would get up and get ready to go to work with me.  It was awesome.  Some days she would help a bit, but others she would sit and talk to the students or the customers or just do her puzzle books.  Everyone loved her especially the little ones.  She was very friendly to everyone.  She grieved with me when the economy took my beloved store.  But once again, God provides.  He showed me a way to pay our bills.  He showed me He wanted me to take care of Mom.  We may have been late on some bills, but not very often.  He provided.  I can see that now.  Now I need to trust Him again.

Many relatives will be at the burial on Saturday.  I hope to see them again afterward.  With the family so scattered, as many families are, it is important to get together.  The last time I saw all of them, before this past weekend, was Momma's party in March.  It was nice to see so many of them there.  Then we had the friend party, wow, so many of our friends and neighbors came to that too.  I am truly blessed to have the family and friends that I have.  I have been feeling much better this afternoon.  Mom is still with me.  I won't ever forget her, but she wanted me to go on even if she wasn't here.  That was her wish.  She told me so years ago when she first became ill.  She wanted me to be strong.  Well, I will be, because she will always be in my heart.

I received an email today from a woman who wants voice lessons and wanted to know if I taught adults. Well, I do.  Then, I received a phone call from a woman who wants piano lessons!  Talk about God's timing!  I do hope that I will soon have 2 more students.  I will also be looking for a job, but hey, if I get enough students, then that is the job.

It is raining and windy today here.  It down poured for a while this afternoon.  We are under a tornado watch in our area until about 6 pm.  I do hope it passes over us and no one gets hurt.  So far, tears are under control today.  It is definitely a better day than yesterday.  I hope your day is good too.

3 comments:

  1. As you wrote your post, you were praying. Low and behold your prayers are being answered with add'l lessons.

    "If God brings you to it, he will see you through it."

    I believe he is already guiding you Heather, along with your little Mom. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, Deb is right on..you will be fine, just remember we are here for you..

    hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and am sorry about the loss of your mother. I look forward to reading more about what God is doing in your life:)

    ReplyDelete