Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday

I am so glad it's Friday!  The week is almost over!  Yeah!  I have 3 lessons tomorrow and then Sunday with Donna.  I am looking forward to that.  I am rather tired, as usual today, there is nothing new about that.  I am always tired it seems.  I had Calli and Acer's lessons this afternoon.  Acer and Calli are so cute and such good musicians.  They are working on their concert songs right now.  They are singing a duet and then doing both piano and vocal solos.  Calli has decided on 2 piano pieces, On Top of Spaghetti, and Goodbye Old Paint.  So far she is just singing Candle on the Water.  She and Acer will be singing Rainbow Connection together.  Acer will be doing Rock Song, a Chinese Song for piano and Day Oh for vocal.  I am not sure whether or not drums will be a part of Day Oh or not.  Hard to say with the little man, he doesn't know yet.  I am gathering the list of songs that everyone is performing so that I can get the layout of the concert this weekend.  I will not, however, create the actual program until next week.  I have learned this over many years of last minute changes.  Acer will be near the beginning because he is so impatient.  There are only about 10 or so students in the concert.  It will be a good one even though not everyone will be in it.  The Muglia girls won't be in it because of the arrival of Thomas.  He is due right around the time of the concert.  I can't wait to see the little guy.

It has been an okay day today.  Right after I got up I went and got my hair washed.  I have decided to go 2 times a week instead of one.  by today, the bangs are definitely droopy and I don't like droopy bangs.  So after that I went for lunch, came home and talked to Kathy.  They are pretty sure they are coming on the 21st and the 22nd to help close the storage unit.  I have some boxes in the back of my car they need to be removed and put in the garage right now.  I am going to ask Katie to help me put them in the garage.  If it doesn't rain on Sunday, I will go and get more from the storage unit.  I can't wait until it is closed!  I really can't.

I have a bit of a tummy ache tonight.  I am not sure why but it is pretty bad.  It hurts and everything too.  Time to take more tummy medicine.  I just took some and I hope it works.  I am not up for a sore tummy all night long.

The other night I was reading some of the posts from a year ago.  It is amazing to think that last year was the last Mother's day Momma would ever spend.  I did take her out to dinner which she liked.  We spent the day together and had a great time.  I don't remember if we saw a movie at home or out, I didn't comment on it.  She got a cute outfit for Mother's Day from me.  I don't remember if either boy called her.  They didn't always.  We did call Jennifer (my brother's wife) and wished her a Happy Mother's Day.  I will do that on Sunday.  Momma had a good day on that Mother's Day.  We had a nice, low key day, which was typical for us.  I read a few between then and when she passed away.  I cried as I read the ones where she was sick in the hospital or in the nursing home.  I so wish I could turn back time and redo last May to the end.  Actually, I would like to redo from 2003 on with her.  I didn't know that some of the things she was doing were symptoms of Alzheimer's.  I could have had her on medicine from 2003 on instead of 2006.  I don't know if she would still be gone, but she may have had an easier time of it.  But, you can't go back into time, can you?  I just wish we could.  I so miss her.  It will be strange not to spend Mother's Day without her.  I have NEVER had a Mother's Day without the little lady.  I have always had her with me since I was born.  Seems weird and strange to me.

Anyways, I do hope you have had a good day.

3 comments:

  1. be kind to yourself Heather...you did the best you could and made the decisions you did knowing what you did at the time...I understand wanting to go back. I sometimes pick a day and wish I could go back and start from there...a do over of sorts. Too bad it doesn't work that way.
    Hope you tummy issues are gone. Sleep well and have a nice weekend filled with wonderful memories of last Mother's Day. take care friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hindsight is 20/20. You did the best you could with the information you had to hand at that time. Try not to beat yourself up about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, the ladies are right..You did what you thought was the right thing at that time..if only we had a crystal ball..I would go back a few years and do things differently, too..but we must move forward..

    hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete