Monday, May 9, 2011

Sunshine

It is so sunny out and I am loving every minute of it.  It is nice out, still need a jacket, but overall, it is so beautiful outside right now.  We are, of course, going to get some rain this week.  We were supposed to get it this weekend, but we didn't.  Now it is forecasted to be tomorrow and later this week.

Today is the baby brother, Andrew's birthday.  He is 42 officially now.  He he he!  We are exactly one year, one day, and one month apart in age.  It is super cool to us for some reason especially as my mother was not a planner when it came to children.  She was happy we came along, but she didn't have a specific plan for each of us so to be that exact apart is pretty neat.  God works in such mysterious ways.

Yesterday was a good day, I didn't cry at all and was able to think of happy memories of Momma.  Andrew saw my profile picture on face book and wanted me to tag him.  I then mentioned I had 4 albums full of pictures of mom and asked if he wanted them.  He said yes.  I will now tag him in every photo that I haven't tagged him in.  That is a lot of photos as my cousin, Maia scanned a whole bunch for me.  I have more to scan, but I keep putting it off until later and so far later has not arrived yet.  So my newest project is to tag Andrew in all of Mom's photos.  That should be interesting.  I don't think he realizes how many I have, but hey, he should have them too.  She was his Momma too.  I have a disc for Richard of pictures of Mom.  He doesn't want any originals (thank goodness - I get to keep them to frame!) He just wants the scans of them.  That works for me too.

I had one lesson so far today.  Bob and I decided that for the week he should concentrate on his recital music only.  With the concert a week away (it is Sunday!), I feel it is best that this week all students focus on their recital material only.  This way they are very comfortable with their music for performing. I will create the program on Saturday as I have learned from the past that changes happen all the way up to the day of the concert.  It is quite disheartening to have to redo the entire program and reprint it for the changes, now I just wait to the last possible day.  I just have to get colored ink for the old printer and I am all set.  I will do that this week.

I find that I am reading a lot more than I have since Momma has been gone.  I love to read and that was one of the things she taught me to do (I couldn't read until 3rd grade and once Mom found out that I couldn't read I learned in 6 weeks flat).  She loved taking us to the library and getting books out to read.  Now my problem with the library is I don't return them on time!  It isn't their fault, it is entirely mine.  I read the books and then forget all about them.  Now I go to the used bookstore once a month a get a bunch of books for a very low price.  I am thrilled to have discovered that I have 3 boxes of books that were in the storage unit.  I have even more books to read now!  I am set for the next few months, that is for sure.  I can't wait until my library is ready for me.  It shall be wonderful.

I am not sure what all I am doing this evening.  I have Emily's lesson at 6:30.  She is such a cute girl.  She really is.  She is doing so well too.  Emily will perform in her first recital on Sunday.  Other than Emily's lesson, I don't have any concrete plans.  I don't feel like doing housework, so I am putting it off a day.  I will do more tomorrow when I have the entire day to do it.  I have Charlie's lesson but not until sometime after 3.  He is coming early to pick up the rest of the garbage from the trimming of the bushes. He takes them home and burns them.  Hey, whatever works for him, works for me.  I have a pretty open schedule.

I talked to my friend, Rosemary who just lost her husband.  She is doing as well as can be expected.  We are going to go to lunch someday next week and she will come to the homeowners meeting with me.  I am glad to have the company.  She is a very nice lady and a very good friend.

Anyways, I am off to finish up cleaning the kitchen, I have to dishwasher going and I need to clear the counter and wash it.  I also am getting a bit hungry so I may make me some dinner before Emily's lesson.  We shall see how I feel after cleaning the kitchen.  I do hope this finds you doing well and having a good day too.  Pain level is normal so I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment