Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday

I woke up later than I expect today but that was okay as I didn't have anything scheduled that had to be done at a certain time until the later part of the afternoon.  I went for the regular hair wash before I took a run to Walmart to pick up my medicine and a few items (like Milk).  As usual, I went to get 3 items and came out many items and dollars later.  Someday I am going to be able go in and only pick up what I plan to get, until then, I will just try to do that.  I am not to hopeful that will ever happen as I always remember I need a few other things before I get to the checkout.

This has been a decent month for me.  I have been able to pay all of my monthly bills (except taxes) and with the closing of the storage unit tomorrow, it should be even better for me.  I am thankful for that.  God is really helping me by providing what I need just in time of me needing it.  I am doing better with just giving the financial worries to God.  He hasn't let me down yet, so I don't think He will.  I just have to keep believing that it will happen.

I think I was missing Mom more last night because I had seen a few neighbors that I hadn't seen in a while and they were asking me how I was doing since Mom passed away.  That was nice that they asked, but it made me miss her more.  It was the first meeting without Mom that I have gone to for the subdivision.  It was a nice meeting.  We had some nice snacks and caught up with neighbors.  I met our newest neighbors, Eliza and her husband.  I invited Eliza to join my book club.  I do hope she does.  I hope she calls me.  She has 2 little ones and moved in on the next street over from me.  I sat with my neighbor, he has an almost 5 year old and was inquiring about lessons.  His daughter is adorable and his wife is very nice.  Barbara Jean also sat at our table.  It was a nice night.  i spoke a bit to Barbara Jean about my plans after the meeting.  It is hard for her right now as she was very good friends with our friend and neighbor Irv who passed away a few weeks ago.  Her children called him Uncle Irv and they simple adored him.  He was a very nice man who would do anything for a friend.  He helped me her too and one time was able to rescue Mom when she left the house looking for me.  I was in the house sleeping and he and Rosemary brought Mom back home.  It could have been a terrible situation as I had no idea Mom left the house, but thankfully, they saw her and immediately realized I was not with her so they took action that kept her safe and sound.  I am thankful that I have neighbors that look out for my family and me.

Acer had his lesson today.  We started Fur Elise with two hands.  I am hopeful that this will be wonderful for him.  He even used his thumbs!  I was so excited.  He has decided that the next vocal piece for him will be Candle on the Water.  Acer did pretty well with it today.  A few words he needs to learn, but over all, he did great!  It was nice to spend some time with the Little Man alone.  He is such a Joy, he really is.

I have borrowed a nook from the library to try.  i am excited about it.  I, of course, have to figure out how to work it, but I am sure I will figure it out tonight.  I am really happy to be able to try it out before I buy one.  This way, I will be able to know for sure whether I really will use it or not.

I remembered to do some laundry today.  Sometimes I forget, but today I didn't!  I have summer clothes ready too for warmer weather.  It is supposed to be mid 80s with high humidity on Sunday and Monday with the possibility of rain but tomorrow is supposed to be mid 70s and no rain.  That will be perfect for closing the storage unit.

I do hope your day is going well and hopefully nicer weather too.

No comments:

Post a Comment