Thursday, May 26, 2011

more rain

Yup, more rain today.  no storms so far, but there are some expected tonight.  I went briefly out in the rain for a few minutes and then came right home.  I don't expect to be out in it tomorrow at all as it is expected to storm some more tomorrow.  Three days of storms is not a good thing for many people's basement.  Fortunately, flooding in my sub is rare and we don't have a basement so it would be the furnace room, the family room, and my office.  Boy, that would be bad.  But, like I said, it doesn't happen here too much in our little sub.  I also live 1/2 way up a hill so that helps too.  Thank God for huge favors like that.  I have watched so much flooding on the news that it breaks my heart.  And the tornadoes!  They scare me to death!  I can't imagine how those people do it, rebuilding their lives, but they are strong and they do it.  We had a tornado near our home last year, a couple miles a way, but we were alright.  It was the first time in many years that I saw so much hail.  It did frighten me and I had to close the drapes so Mom couldn't see it because she would have been a nervous wreck shaking and everything.  She was so terribly frightened of storms at that point.  If a storm happened at night I would always get up and see if she was awake.  Only 1 time was she awake and she was crying and shaking like crazy.  I just went and laid down next to her and held her until she fell asleep.  Then I covered her up nicely and went back to my bed.  Poor little Mom, it was so hard on her.  She was only afraid of storms the last couple years, before that they didn't frighten her at all.  Of course, she was so scared in general the last 2 years.  I can't even imagine what it must be like to lose your memory like she was.  It must be super scary.  At least, I would think it is.  Sometimes she would shake for no apparent reason and I would ask what is wrong.  She would just say I am scared.  I always gave her big hugs and held her at when it happened.  usually she would calm down and be okay, but boy, I just can't even imagine.

Today was the last day of my Amanda's voice lessons until fall.  I do hope she comes back.  She is such a nice young lady.  She practices a lot and works really hard so that is wonderful.  Amanda did a great job at the concert as did everyone else.  Acer did steal the show with trying so hard to reach that microphone during his and Calli's duet.  You just can't beat that picture.  You just can't.  Tomorrow is Calli and Acer's lessons and then I have one on Saturday.  Rick has moved from Tuesday to Saturday so that is good.  I don't have any plans for Sunday so I don't know what I will do.  Monday I have Emily's lessons but no plans for the holiday.  Without Mom here, there really isn't anyone to spend the holiday with.  I will enjoy the sleep in I get and then probably read a bit.  I may possibly do some housework.  I find if I do a bit everyday, it gets done and then the house is reasonably clean.

Lily will be out of school this coming week.  I bet she is excited.  I know I would be.  She is going to be an eighth grader in the fall.  Where has the time gone?  It seems like yesterday she was starting 1st grade and piano lessons.  Now look at her, she is growing up and a teenager now.  She is almost as tall as I am.  I expect soon she will be taller.  Both her sisters are, not by much, but they are taller.  Of course, I am only 5ft and a 1/2 inch tall so being taller than me isn't that big of a problem.  I only have had 1 student who didn't get taller than me.  She was only about 4ft 10 inches at 16 years old.  I think she has been the only one in 25 years.

The Muglia's newest little guy arrived on Monday.  Thomas Joachim was 7 pounds and 11 ounces.  He is adorable!  I have seen the pictures of him.  I will see him live and in person the first Monday in June when I see my girls for their lessons.  Wow, number 9 in the Muglia family.  I bet there is never a dull moment in that house with that many kids!  I have told the older girls that if they need peace and quiet they can always come here.  I have peace and quiet almost all the time!  A little noise would be nice during the day with them.

It has been an exhausting day.  I had to take a nap because I was so tired.  It is getting pretty bad again.  The exhaustion is overwhelming me at times.  I am going to go and make some dinner now.  I do hope you are having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment