Monday, May 16, 2011

is it really May?

It is so cold outside again.  Is it really May?  The calendar says so, but the temperature tonight has wind chill in it!  What is up with that?  Last week we had 2 days of upper 70s and now we have 30s.  Such is the life with Michigan weather.  Ugh, is all I have to say about that.

I am so excited about tomorrow.  I will be meeting my friend, Jennie for lunch!  I only get to see her every few months because of her work schedule and the fact she lives 1 1/2 hours from me.  We meet 1/2 way in between us at Applebees.  I am so happy to be seeing her.  Then I just have my Charlie's lesson.  I am very excited to spend an hour or so with Jennie.  We have been friends since we were in Junior High.  We met in band class.  Jennie plays the tuba (still does with a civil war reenactment band) and I played the clarinet (I still play too!)  We were in band together all the way into high school.  I bet I have pictures of us somewhere in the house from band camp.  I loved band camp.  The first year I roomed with Kathy and Karlyn and the second year I think I was with Kathy again, but I am not sure who else.  Kathy and I have been friends since we were three.  Facebook certainly has been a good thing for me as I am now in touch with friends that I haven't seen since High School.  I am actually planning to go to the 25 year reunion.  I haven't attended one, so this will be the first but many of my facebook friends (and kathy and Jennie) are planning to attend also.  It won't be until October though, so I have many months before it happens.

I have had to turn the little heater on again tonight because I am just so cold.  This weather is just insane! I hope the weather where you are it isn't so insane like it is in Michigan.

Because it is so cold, I have a bit more pain in the lower back and hips than usual.  I do hope there is something that can be done about it.  I feel the ache all the way to my bones, not just the muscles.  I have to wait until June 13 before I go back to the doctor.  Although, I suppose if they find something, they may call me in earlier.  I will wait and see.

This weekend will be exciting as I am CLOSING the storage unit!  It is 1/4 empty.  I have a few more boxes that need to come home and the rest will be donated!  I can't wait until it is empty and closed!  No more paying for the stupid storage unit.  I should never have opened it at all but at the time I thought I was doing the right thing.  The plan was to move from where we are now to closer to the store (I still had it at that time).  Well, we ended up losing the store before we moved, which in the long run ended up being better than us moving with how quickly the little Momma went down.  I am also very glad we never moved.  I would not want to live in a new house without here, at least here, I have many good memories of us.  My first (and favorite) memory is me walking down the stairs and Momma was doing something in the kitchen.  I was almost all the way down the stairs and Momma looked up and smiled at me.  That is my earliest memory.  I have many good ones like that.

Here is a group picture of the students from the concert yesterday afternoon.  They all did so awesome.


Notice Acer in the corner not wanting to be a part of the group.  I did get a good picture of him and Aggie together.  He is such a character.  I simply adore him as well as all my students.  We are going to have a BBQ concert this summer in August.  I think it will be a blast.

I do hope this finds you doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Heather you are so cute! We paid a storage unit for 10 years! We should own the place! Now my two car garage is overflowing and this summer, (if warm weather ever arrives) we plan to empty it and sell and donate lots of things! Colorado has the same weather Michigan has! 70 degrees one day and four days of 30s! No wonder we can not get healthy! Tonight is the first night we walked at the school track. Whew! We got a great workout although we only walked one mile! Have a terrific week. Stay healthy and warm! Anne

    ReplyDelete