Sunday, May 22, 2011

summer weather has arrived

Okay, I guess weather is just going to do what it wants despite what I want.  Yesterday was simply wonderful!  Quite beautiful and perfect temperature!!!  I really loved it!  However, today is a bit too humid.  Without the humidity, it would be beautiful, but it is a bit too humid for me.  I do have my shorts and t-shirts ready for the warm weather though!  I have them clean and ready to put on should I need them tomorrow.  (which I probably will because it is supposed to be hot and humid again before a cool down).  Yesterday was simply the best day to clear out the storage unit.  Why I am so tired today is a mystery to me.  It isn't like I actually did much of the work.  I mean really, the whole reason I had to have help was because I couldn't do it myself.  Tony did most of the work as Kathy and I watched.  We (Kathy and I) did help a bit, we just let Tony do all the big boxes.  I am just relieved that it is so over.

I am completely exhausted today.  I got up and about an hour or so later, I was back taking a nap for about 3 hours.  I could go back to bed now and stay there all night, but I am going to stay away a bit longer so that I will sleep all night through.  I find on Sundays I am often sleeping an awful lot.  I think it just all catches up on me and I crash.  Last Sunday I was in bed by 7 pm because I was so tired.  Tomorrow begins another good week of teaching!  I don't have any real plans for the holiday weekend next week.  I don't really know what I will do.  I have no lessons on Saturday and Sunday.  I am not sure if I will have Emily for her lesson on the Monday or not.  I do hope so because that would leave me 3 days in a row of no lessons and I am not used to that anymore.  I am hopeful she will have her lesson on Monday night.  I will find out next week.  I have (as of today anyways) 11 lessons this week.  5 of them are one hour lessons.  I love my one hour lessons because often it means the student is taking both voice and piano although 2 of them are just one hour lessons of voice.  They are adults and have interest in community theatre.  I am thinking that maybe I will get involved in community theatre in making of costumes.  We shall see.  I have plenty of time, but I am also hoping to get involved in writing again.  So far, I haven't written any fiction yet.  Who knows?  I don't know what summer will bring this year.  It is hard to believe last summer the little lady was here with me.  It has only been just over 7 months since she left me.  I just miss her a lot all the time.  My goal this summer is to finish the family room off.  Other than that, I don't plan to do anything else to the house.

I have the first step done for the house, now on to step two.  That will happen in June once the kids are out of school.  Julie will be coming over to help me with it.  I am very glad about that.  By fall, the house will be sparkling and every space will be functional.  That excites me.  I just wish Mom was here to enjoy it with me.  I am sure she is watching from Heaven.

Despite the amount of sleep I have had today, it has been an alright day.  I do hope your day was good too!

1 comment:

  1. Good evening Miss Heather.
    We are just getting back in town after being gone for 4 days up to the wine country. Had a great time!
    Sounds like you got a lot done this weekend. I know how much better that makes you feel! One more thing crossed off your list. YAY!
    Your body will tell you what it needs! Just listen...
    Have a great week! Karen

    ReplyDelete