Friday, May 13, 2011

friday

I am so glad it is Friday.  I have a busy tomorrow planned already.  First up, I have 2 lovely lessons with the beautiful girls, Kayla and Amanda.  Then, I will be going to get my xrays on my hips and lower back.  I also will be creating the program and the CD needed for the concert on Sunday.  I don't have to make an appointment for the xrays, so I am really happy about that.  I am going tomorrow right after the lessons to get it out of the way.  I had the blood test this afternoon.  I went in to show the nurses what tests were being order so they could tell me if I could get it done at my primary care doctor's office.  Well, since I was there they said, we will do it now so I had the test today.  They took 3 tubes of my blood.  It isn't the most I have had taken, I have had 12 tubes taken before when I was at the Cleveland Clinic.  That was a lot plus I had to do a blood culture too.  That means you get poke and then you wait an hour and get poked again.  Yeah, not fun.

Callie and Acer had their lessons this afternoon.  Today was also Acer's Happy Gotcha Day.  This day 4 years ago, the Bowman-Tomlinson's went to China and picked up the little man.  It has been a great 4 years ever since.  Both he and his sister are such amazing children.  I simply adore them.  I adore all my students, they are great kids.  I have the best.  Katie has decided not to sing a solo at the concert.  She is so overwhelmed right now with school that she just doesn't feel like she is ready for the concert.  I said, no problem.  She is going to sing the duet with Amanda, but no solo for her.  She will probably do solos next concert in the summer, if we are able to have a summer concert, if not, Christmas will be good for her.

I am very tired again today.  I have been so tired, more than usual, lately and feeling weak.  I do hope these new tests find out why or least find out something that may help me.  Last night I was in bed at 8 pm.  Yes, 8 pm.  I was awake for a bit at 11:30 pm to about 1:00 am, but then it was sleep until noon today.  I am really wanting to not sleep that much, but what can I do?  I don't know.

I have decided to keep taking the Meloxicam even though it has a high risk of bleeding.  If I don't take it, but nighttime I can no longer walk so that is just not a good thing to me.  Kathy and i are going to start a blog together to encourage us to keep on track to lose weight.  I really need to do this.  I have started this evening.  I had a nice bowl of cereal for brunch and had a burrito bowl for dinner that was loaded with veggies.  No more burgers and fries.  I don't even feel very well when I have too much fries, but I eat them anyway and then just deal with the tummy.  No more, nada, finito.  I am done with them.  I have nice lunch meat, yogurt, good veggies for dinners, plus nice meats for dinners.  I am going to stop going out to get lunch because it isn't the healthiest food and it is expensive.  How can I save money for a emergency fund if I go out all the time?  You can't so saving money is more important.  I have good lunch and dinner food in the house and that is what I am going to have.  I feel good about this decision.  When Kathy is here next week we will create our new blog for each other.  This way we can encourage each other as we live 150 miles away.  She is on the west side of the state and I am on the east side.  This way, we will be able to really be accountable to someone and who could be better than a best friend?  no one, that's who.

I do hope you have a good evening and that blogger is behaving today unlike yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. creating a blog and keeping track with your friend is a great way to stay accountable. I really hope it works for you. I know it's hard to cook for one person, eating out or driving through is so much more convenient but...(not preaching just saying I understand!).
    hope the docs find out why you are so darn tired. That is alot of sleep! take care..;j

    ReplyDelete