Thursday, August 25, 2011

another sleepy day

I wasn't feeling too well today when I woke up.  I was so tired.  I ended up going back to bed at about 4 pm and sleeping until 8 pm.  I did get a call while I was sleeping but I didn't really hear it.  My Elizabeth will be in the concert on Sunday.  I am very glad about that.  I left a message with her mom on her cell phone.  Cell phones were such a great invention.  Her mom is very hard to get a hold off so having her cell number is very helpful.

Project Runway is on tonight.  I never thought I would would like the show, but I do.  It is very interesting.  I also like Design Star.  I watched it on Monday.  The one thing about designers is that they don't always listen to the client.  One of the sons of the client wanted bunk bed and the designer assigned to the room did not put one in.  She claimed at the evaluation session that it would make the room dated.  Well, the son is a little guy so for the next 12 to 15 years, the bunk beds would work for him.  I would be angry at the designer for something like that.  My cousin is very good at designing and organizing.  She once told me that she would make our living room super formal with dark, rich colors.  I had to smile because my mom is not into super formal living rooms.  She liked bright, sunny rooms.  However, my cousin has been very helpful in helping me to organize my room and the spare room in the past.  I have no plans in the future right now to repaint the house although someday I will have to, I am just not doing it right now.  I like the house the way it is so that works for me.

One of the designers wants to go home.  She is going home.  Wow, she worked so hard to get to this part in the show and now she is quitting.  I think some of the challenges have been rather crazy and not in the real world so that may be some of the issues she has with this.  It is nice to watch but some of them I would not want to make.  The woman who is going home is Cecilia and she is an excellent Tailor and designer.  She makes very classic, elegant clothes.  The type that mom and I liked.

I will read for a bit after this show and then I will go back to bed.  Basically it has been a sleeping, not feeling so great day.  I hope tomorrow will be better.  I think it will since I have caught up on my sleep today.

No comments:

Post a Comment