Monday, August 1, 2011

the first of August - how did this happen?

It is very hard to believe that July is over, but it is.  Where has that month go?  I just don't know.  At least it isn't super hot right now today like it was a few weeks ago.  I am thankful for that.

I had a new young student start with me today.  She has played piano for about 6 months or so but her mom felt she was bored and not progressing like she should be so she started with me.  She is from the new company so I was just assigned to her.  Camille is almost 9 and in the super young beginning books.  Yeah, they are just way to easy for her.  She needs both hands at the same time all the time.  I think that will be better for her.  She is such a cutie!  I think she will fit in with everyone well.  I have a few students about her age that will be nice for her to play duets and things like that.

Breanna is not having a lesson Thursday because of drivers training.  I am hoping to see Harry Potter again with the Muglia girls again that day.  I have to see the movie again!  I just do!  I loved that movie so much.

My head and tummy are not doing super great again today, but it is better than it was.  I had a horrible night last night.  I was awake again, all night long.  My arms were so sore that I couldn't get comfortable.  I ended up getting up at about 5 am and came downstairs to read since I was so sore and couldn't sleep or get comfortable.  I finally went back to bed about 6:30 am to see if I could sleep.  I slept for a few hours before I got up for Aggie's lesson.  I am very tired this evening.  I am hoping to be able to stay up until about 9 when I will go to bed and hopefully sleep better tonight.

I am out of my pain pills again.  Once more, my brain went dead and did not call the pharmacy on time for a refill.  It is out of refills (for some reason, my doctor only allows 1 refill per prescription) and I should have called last week Monday, and I didn't!  The pain isn't too high right now which is good, but we shall see how long this lasts.  My arthritis doctor isn't in the office on Tuesdays, so I will call on Wednesday.  I have plenty of Advil and Tylenol for the mean time.  I am thankful for a busy schedule this week except for Thursday when I don't have any lessons for the day.

I do hope you are making plans to see Harry Potter!!!!!!  It is the best one ever although, it could have been much longer in my humble opinion (Aggie's opinion too!)  I wish they had done 2 films for books 4 through 6 not just for the 7th.  All of them so needed more that wasn't in the books.  They really did.  I love these books so much.  I love the movies too.  I really think they did a great job at casting too.  No one could have been a better Snape than Alan Rickman.  He is just so good at everything he does.  The kids were very well casted too.  They are just great movies.  Kathy was going to re-read book 7 again because she can't remember a lot of it.  I, of course, in preparation for the movie, re-read all the books and re-watched all but the 7A (Charlie has it right now) movies.  I was very prepared and ready for the movies.  Now, of course, I must see it again to really pay strict attention to the details.  The music was awesome.  I don't know who the composer was for this one, but the music was great!  I know that John Williams did the first 3 and then someone else did the rest, but I am not sure who it is.  I will, naturally, buy the music book when it comes out as my lovely girls will want to play every song (that is after I learn them all of course!!!)  Usually, the books are about $25 so it will be a nice Christmas present for me at Christmas.

Anyways, I do hope you are having a good day.  I will be heading to bed in about 1 1/2 hours for the evening.  I sure hope I sleep better than I did last night.  I am hoping to improve my sleeping schedule in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. July did fly by didn't it! It has been so hot here, too...tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter! Oh, well, it's still better than winter! I can't wait to see Harry Potter. I haven't gotten a chance to go yet...very excited, though.
    Take care,
    Angi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's August already either! Mainly because the weather has been awful. I love autumn and winter though, even though I feel worse at those time of the year. Mainly because I love Christmas so much!

    ReplyDelete