Tuesday, August 16, 2011

not as busy as yesterday but still busy

I had 4 lessons today.  That was good.  Only 1/2 as many for yesterday but still a good day nevertheless.  I went to pick up some new books for Rachel, McKenzie, and Sarah.  I needed to get both flash cards and level B books for my little ones.  After that I ran to Chipotle for lunch before my first lesson.  Elizabeth had her lesson.  It was the first one for about a month.  When I checked my schedule again, she was not listed in my takelessons schedule.  I called and fixed that because her Mom called me to say they were coming.  After that, I went to get my hair washed.  It is now $10 to get it washed and dried.  I am not sure I will be going anymore because it is getting too expensive.  That is $40 a month for my hair.  That is almost an electric bill.  It is more than the doctor's office payment.  It is also the same as a hospital payment so I need to do some major thinking about this.  In March, it was only $3 so that was really good, but I am not sure if I can continue to have them do it.  I may have to figure out a way to do it myself.  I did it before but this was so much easier to do.  I will have to really think about it.  I don't know if I can afford $40 to $50 (when there are 5 Tuesdays in the month) to have my hair washed and dried.

After coming home I had Charlie's, Laith's, and McKenzie's lessons.  Charlie had an hour lesson because he was making up the lesson he missed at the beginning of the month when he was at Band Camp.  Laith actually changed his lesson time today only because his mother was running behind.  It actually worked out better because Charlie and I could get an hour in.  McKenzie was late for her lesson and I was beginning to get worried, just as I booted up the computer, she arrived.  I was glad they arrived.

I am now watching my favorite show, NCIS.  I love this show.  I think I say that every week.  It is one of the best shows ever.  McKenzie and I had a nice chat during her lesson about Twilight and Harry Potter.  She is not a major fan of Harry Potter but she has watched the marathons on the ABC Family Channel.  I thought that was rather cute.  She is, however, a huge fan of the Twilight series.  I like the Twilight series too but I do think Harry Potter is better.  I could, of course, change my mind when the new movies come out.  I can't believe we have to wait a YEAR between part 1 and part 2.  That is just wrong.  At least Harry Potter only made us wait 6 months.

Only a few weeks until the kids all go back to school.  In Michigan, the students start school the day after Labor Day.  They used to start in August, but now the law has changed to the day after Labor Day.  Lily will be an 8th grader at her school.  It is hard to believe that she is going to be an 8th grader.  It really is.  Only 1 year before High School.  She is in Europe right now, I hope, having a good time.  From her mother's posts, it seems they are having a good time.  I do hope so.  I know the family was looking forward to it.

After Labor Day, I will be planning the music for the school year.  First up will be the Christmas Concert, then Competition, and lastly, the Spring concert.  In a few weeks, Katie will be over to help put away the music.  I think we will leave the Christmas music out because in October I will be pulling it all back out for the concert.  I am thankful Katie makes the time to come and help me with this music.  I think she is such a wonderful young lady.  She is visiting a college in Kalamazoo this week.  I am glad she is able to go and visit these schools and then make a decision of what one will fit her needs.  I didn't have a lot of choice for colleges, we couldn't afford to send me far.  I went to the community college and then to Wayne State in Detroit.  It was a good school.  I enjoyed my time there.  I would have loved to have spent a semester in a dorm though.  It is one of things I wish I was able to do.  I lived at home during my college days.  Most of my friends from school were in the same position as I was, we all mostly lived with parents.  We all worked too.  I hope Katie chooses a good school for herself and then gets lots of scholarships to pay for it.  Schools are very expensive these days.

It has been an interesting day.  I do hope yours was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment