Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Beautiful Day

It has been a truly good day.  First of all, I met up with my friend, Kathleen.  She came and picked me up to go to Subway.  I was very excited to see her.  She brought her 1 year old, Gianna Grace.  What a cutie!  I mean she is just so precious it is unbelievable.  We had a good lunch and then we ran through Starbucks before going back to my house for a bit of a visit.  Gigi (as we call her) was playing a game with me.  I have some craft paints on a stand in the dining room (lack of a better place at this point).  She would take one off the stand and hand it to me.  She smiled as she did it.  She is such a happy baby and Kathleen is a happy Mom.  Kathleen has 4 children: Attea - 20 (she is married), Daniel - almost 16, Luke - 3, and Gigi - 1.  Yes, Gigi and Luke were beautiful surprises!  We had such a good time visiting.  I hadn't seen her since graduating High School in 1986.  She has just moved back from Vero Beach, Florida.  I am so glad to see her.  I am hoping that I will be able to see her again soon.  I know I will see her at the class reunion we are having in October.  I believe the date is October 15.  On the Friday of that weekend we are planning to attend the Homecoming Parade.  Some of the Alumni may be in the parade, however, I will not be because there is no way I could walk that far and I don't think my scooter would be fast enough.  After that Kathy, Kathleen, Karlyn, and I will go out to eat.  We may attend the game but I am not sure.  Saturday evening is the 25th reunion, we all are attending that one, and then Sunday there is a get together at the Yates Cider Mill.  I am not sure about that because I teach on Sunday.  I also have to be careful of how tired I am from the reunion itself so for me, the Yates Cider Mill is up in the air.  That is what it is like with Fibro, you have to play many things by ear and wait and see how you feel.  From what my friend, Laura wrote today, it is 52 days until the reunion.

After Kathleen and Gigi left, I pulled out the book I was reading and finished it.  I recently have found some of my books in 2 boxes (I had forgotten that they were even there!).  I pulled out an old Danielle Steele book, Crossing.  This book has definitely see better days.  I bought it in high school, well, Mom bought it for me in high school, and I loaned it to a friend and they returned it with the cover ripped off along with many pages that were no longer fully attached.  I obviously never loaned that particular person a book again.  I treat my books very carefully.  The rest of the book fell apart today too so it will be heading for the trash, much to my disgust.  After I finished that one, I started another one I was glad to find.  I have the sequel to the book and really wanted this one.  I thought it had been donated when I donated 17 boxes of books 3 years ago so imagine my happy surprise when I found it in the box.  I have found several books that I am so excited to find.  I also did find some that I can take to the used book store and turn in so I can get more books at a lower price.  I found a couple of books that are duplicates and I plan to turn those in too.  That will happen in a few weeks not anytime soon.

Sunday is the Summer Concert.  I will shop for it on Saturday.  I don't want to shop too early and have the food not be at its best.  I am looking forward to the concert.  We haven't had one in many years so I am looking forward to it.  Many of the students will be in it.

I have no lessons now tomorrow because Breanna needs to change to Friday this week.  I don't mind at all.  Friday will work very well for us.  She is coming after Acer and Calli's lessons.  I just have a really good group of students right now.  They are excited to learn, they practice, and they are fun to teach.  I hope to get a few more in the fall, I actually do expect to get a couple for the fall.  I usually do, so from past experiences I do expect a couple.  It would be nice to get 4 but 2 are good too.  I am not sure if my Amanda will be coming back, I am hoping, but I am not sure.  I will be messaging her Mother shortly.  I don't know about Kayla.  I haven't heard from her all summer.  I know that Amanda is interested, I just don't know if she is for sure coming back.  I am hoping she does though, she is such a good student.  She really is.

I am going to watch Dance Moms and then head for bed.  I can sleep in tomorrow.  I do hope that because I got up early and I didn't sleep very well last night, that I will be able to sleep better tonight and earlier than usual.  Lately, I have had the problem of not being able to sleep until 4 or 5 in the morning.  Often that means I am not up until about 1:30 in the afternoon.  I want to be up by noon.  I can get a bit more housework done and will be able to spread it out over the week better.  That is my goal for fall.

I hope your day was a wonderful as mine.  Beth had a great lesson and I had a wonderful visit with my friend, Kathleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment