Sunday, August 14, 2011

not that exciting of a Sunday

I had Rick's lesson today.  Last week his car was getting repaired.  It is still in the shop but he has a loaner right now.  Car repairs definitely make the list of not so good stuff.  He didn't practice these past 2 weeks.  He usually practices the musical theatre stuff and ignores the classical stuff even though he does know it is the classical stuff that will help him a lot.  I hope he practices something this week.

I was lucky enough to be on facebook at the same time as my Hannah so we had a lovely conversation about HP.  They got to see the movie again today with their father.  He hadn't seen it yet.  Their mother needs to see it in the movie theatre now.  She says she can wait until it comes out on DVD but the 4 of us (the 3 Muglia girls and me) just don't agree with that.  This one is so good, it needs to be seen on the big screen.  I do hope to see it again before it comes out on DVD.  I think this is my favorite movie of the whole series.  I do plan to start reading the books again and then as soon as I finish reading the book, I will watch the movie.  I just need to get movie 6 and 7 part 1 back from my students in order to begin.  I do think part 2 could have been much longer.  I really do.  We didn't get to see Tonks or Remus fight, that would have been cool.  I think they could have spent much more time on the 19 years later and also I saw cuts of the banquet after the last battle where the Malfoys were sitting there rather uncomfortable, that would have been cool to see.  I think I saw a seen of that.  I have seen so much that I can't always remember properly.  The whole movie is just so good along with the books.  I think the books are really some of the best I have ever read.  They rate up there with Anne of Green Gables books.

Anyways, I think I have raved enough about Harry Potter over the last few years, that pretty much anyone who knows me or has read my blog knows that I am a huge fan and that I love to read.

I have been reading a lot of books by Kristin Hannah lately.  I like her contemporary books a lot.  The first one I read was called Firefly Lane about 2 friends and their life long friendship.  It got me hooked on her books although my absolute favorite is called Magic Hour.  It is about a young girl who was kidnapped at a very young age and lived in a cave with the kidnapper.  She escapes him and is found in town.  The story is about how she and the psychiatrist bond and how she becomes more like a little girl instead of the wild child like when they found her.  It is a beautiful book.  The hardest book to read was Night Road because it is about 3 teenagers who drink and drive.  They get in an accident and one dies.  The driver goes to jail because she thinks this will atone for her drinking and driving although the person who was supposed to be driving was more drunk than she was.  In fact, all three were completely drunk.  It is hard to read something like that when I know many teenagers and I know that some of them have done drinking and driving.  My brother also drank and drove at many times of his life.  Actually, both of them have, not just one.  It was still a really good book to read though.

It is a bit chilly and rainy today.  I don't mind.  It has been so hot this summer so a nice change of cool air is a good thing.  I can't remember what it is going to be like this week, but I don't think it is going to be super hot, just normal heat, lower 80s I think.  I am hoping anyways!  I don't mind lower 80s with a low dew point, it is when that dew point gets too high that the humidity kicks right in.  Then I ache and ache.

It is hard to believe that we are heading to the middle of August.  Summer has flown by.  Not that I mind, because some days drag on forever it seems.  I guess part of me looks at it as one day closer to being with Mom.  I just miss her so much all the time and it doesn't get any better.  I am not saying I have a wish to die, but I do miss her a lot.  There are times when it is overwhelming and other times it is not.  So far today, it isn't overwhelming.  We shall see how the rest of the day goes.  I know that my younger brother misses her because he has posted it a few times on facebook.  I have too.  It is hard to believe that it has been almost 10 months since she passed away.  I can remember last summer so well.  I knew it was her last summer, I was just hoping it wasn't.  I was hoping she would last a few more years but I knew, deep down, I knew she wasn't going to last much longer and I was right.  I have found some more family pictures that I plan to scan.  What I can't find are the family slides.  We have boxes and boxes of slides and they are missing.  I have now idea where they are.  We also have boxes of family movies (the old kind) and I can't find those either.  It really bothers me that we can't find them.  I hope when we clean out the family room they will appear but as of now, I don't know where they are.

I do hope you are having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment