Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Rather Quiet Day

It is so quiet in my house these days.  I like it though.  I don't have to have noise around me at all times like I did when i was younger.  I will watch TV in a bit for a while before heading for bed.  It has been storming again around here this afternoon.  I went out after Rick's lessons for ink for the scanner and it was sunny.  I came out of the store and it was pouring with dark stormy clouds and everything.  by the time I got home, it was sunny again.  Yeah, weird weather in Michigan today.  My grass is green though unlike all of July when it was brown.  Addison will cut it again soon, I am not worried nor do I really care as long as it is done soon before it gets too long.

Next Sunday is the Summer Concert.  We haven't done one in so long.  I am excited about it though because we haven't done it in a while.  We are having a BBQ after.  That should be super fun.  I have to pick up the hamburgers, plates, cutlery, napkins, and cups for Sunday.  I am so looking forward to this.  It really makes summer fun.  All the students have been practicing for it.  I also need to start the list of who is bringing what since it is a potluck one.  I bring the main dish, everyone else brings something else.  I will go to the GFS to get the stuff.  You can get things in bulk there that you can't anywhere else.  I don't belong to Sam's Club or to Costco so GFS is the next best thing.  Either way, it shall be a great day.  Tillie is coming for it.  She used to come with Wilbert to a lot of my concerts.  She enjoys the music and the kids.  I am glad about that.  I also need to let her know her packages are here.  I haven't opened my new packages either which is bad.  I will take care of that this week when I clean the kitchen and the dining room.  I have to clean off the table because I will have company on Wednesday.  My friend, Kathleen is coming for lunch with her lovely 2 children.  It will be so much fun.  I haven't seen her in years, and I mean years, like about 25 of them.  Yes, I haven't physically seen her since 1986 when we graduated from high school together.  I am so excited to see her though.  She and I talked online every so often.  i will also see her at the 25th class reunion.  That will be fun.  I never thought I would go to one because I didn't really have a good time in high school.  I was teased a lot because of my weight and they knew they could get to me.  Once I started having some backbone, it wasn't as bad, but I still disliked high school a lot.  On graduation day all these girls were crying because they were going to miss everyone, me, I was thrilled that I wouldn't have to see them again.  Now that I am older, there are people I would like to see so I am going.  Kathy is going too.  Karlyn just messaged me and wanted to know if I wanted to meet up with her on Friday instead of going to the party (not the actually reunion, that is on Saturday) I said sure as I wasn't going to the game or the party afterward.  That will be fun, I think.  I am not sure when Kathy will be in town for the reunion, but I know she will be there on Saturday at the actual reunion.  The before and after stuff, I am not sure.  We shall see how I feel.  I anticipate it going very long on Saturday and not getting home too early so I will probably be sleeping in on Sunday a bit plus I do have a lesson in the afternoon.

Jessie is getting married in 2 weeks.  I am so excited about that.  She was my student when she was young and now she is getting married.  I haven't gotten her their gift yet.  I will do that closer to the wedding.  I am not sure what I am getting them yet but I will pick something they want.  That is the nice thing about registries.  You know what they want and if you want to get them something else, that is okay too.  Hers is the shower I missed a few weeks ago.  Yup, that was smart of me.  I wrote it on the wrong weekend!  I won't miss the wedding though, that is for sure!  Mike is coming with me.  I haven't seen him in a long time too.  As a matter of fact, the last time I saw him was at Mom's viewing.  Wow, that is just over 10 months ago.  I knew as soon as I got the invitation that he would love to go because he worked with her too.  We will have a great time, I think.

Other than prep work for the concert and lessons, I don't have too much planned except for the visit from Kathleen.  It should be a good week.  I have 2 new little ones starting tomorrow.  I am not sure how long they will last because their mom wasn't sure they want to play from when I spoke to her.  it was all very strange.  She asked if I taught flute, and it was just very strange.  Her kids are 5 and 6 years old.  I am copying their material for this week because I don't know what is going to happen.  I haven't added them officially to my income/bills list because I am not sure they are going to stay.  I hope so, but it is hard to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment