Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nice day for us.  We took a drive out to Waterford (about 1/2 hour away) dropped off the instruments.  I ended up keeping 1 flute, it is a very old one and he didn't think it could be used for anything but parts, so I kept it.  The 2 clarinets (not my wood one or my nice plastic one), 2 violins, and 1 flute are all gone.  I am okay with what I got for it.  I would have liked more, but with a market like this, what can you say?  It's satisfactory.

After the music store, we went to our usual and ran into Rosemary there.  We all sat and chatted around for a bit before going to the bank to deposit the money from the instrument sale.  Katie was waiting for us, I didn't get her message because I was driving and I don't answer the phone when I am driving.  She had her lesson and it went well.  Zach is absent this week because he is on his way to Washington DC.  I hope he has a fun time.  I would like to go and visit our wonderful capitol again someday.  I spent a day there about 14 years ago with Mom when we went to Gettysburg.  It was a lot of fun, but a lot of walking.  Back then I could walk better than I can today.  Thankfully the bus seats were comfortable because I took two small naps during the day when we were driving between places.  I would like to go to the library of congress, that just seems like such a neat thing to see.  My book is in there too.  I would like to see it in it's grandeur.  His mom, Robin, is going with the school choir heading to Washington DC.

I have Charlie later this afternoon.  I don't have my instrument to play with him tonight, but as it is rare that I play with him, it isn't a problem.  If I played every week, we'd have a problem.  I rarely play my instruments with my students.  I never had a teacher who did and I like to make sure they are playing the music correctly and I don't want to have to concentrate on my playing perfectly too.  It just works better for me this way.

It is chilly out today, but nice and sunny.  Mom is a bit tired today, but I think she slept better last night and she didn't go to sleep on her floor.  She likes having the bed lowered on the floor, she said so.  

Pain is a bit high for some reason, could be because I got up at 8 am and then went back into bed at 8:15 and woke up again at 9:30 to get ready for the meeting in Waterford.  I think I am going to go and take a nap in the living room.  Yup, that's what I am going to do!  I hope you have a great day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment