Sunday, December 12, 2010

concert day

It is the Christmas Concert today.  Already 1 has cancelled due to weather, I am hoping no more.  Alyssa was going to come and watch the concert but her sister is ill.  She also was participating in the secret Santa. Hannah and Lydia will get their presents next week when Aggie comes home for the holidays.  She and I will go and get the girls and take them to tea or something like that.  I am sure they would like that.  I do hope the weather doesn't get worse and make others cancel.  That would be a drag.  I am a bit sad about today, but as Tia pointed out earlier, Mom will be there in spirit.  Just a missing mom day, I think so far.

I slept better last night.  I didn't wake up until after 5 am so that was good.  I think I went to bed about midnight.  I could, of course, go to sleep right now, but it is not time for a nap, or is it?  Maybe I will lay down for about an hour.  I do have some time before the concert and I am really tired this morning.  More later.

The concert went well.  All the students did a great job.  We had a good time at the reception afterward.  One student was like, oh no, I forgot cookies!  I told her not to worry about it as I had brought enough for 2 people to bring.  I am glad it is over as now it is time to work on competition stuff.  Katie has some decisions to make as far as what categories she is going to do.  I will help her with the songs.  Rachel pretty much has most of her music and Rebecca has a good start.  Just have to have Dawson decide if he wants to go, and same with Calli and Acer other than that we are good to go.  hard to believe it is time to think about competition again.

I got a new student through the new company.  I am rather excited about it.  She begins on January 8 at 1 pm.  She is 12 years old, perfect for starting to sing.  I am so glad that it is starting to get better.  I do hope it is a sign of good things to come.

I am going to Kathy's for opening of presents on Christmas Eve after church.  I will bring my presents that I got from Richard and the ones I got for her children and we will all open presents together.  How exciting.  Kathy and I will be able to spend a lot of time together this holiday.  The only change would be if Richard comes to town, which is highly unlikely but one never knows.  I think at this point I am just being wishful thinking.  I just miss him, that is all.  I haven't seen those children for 2 1/2 years, which is a lot for growing children.  I wonder how much they remember me?  They are a bit older now 9 & 11, which means they were only 7 & 9 when I last saw them, but still, how well do they remember me.  I don't know how much they remember Mom either and now they won't ever see her again.  I hope that Richard will help them know a bit more about Mom by showing pictures of her and telling stories of some of the fun times we had.  I hope Richard remembers them.  I sure do.

It has been a good day today despite the fact it was the first concert Mom ever missed.  We dedicated a song at the end to her.  I am sure she liked it, it was We Wish You a Merry Christmas.  She loved that song a lot.  It was one of her favorites.  I hope that today finds you doing well  and safe from this terrible snow!

1 comment:

  1. sigh.. i just had the entire comment deleted because i pressed something.... but now its all better. did you have fun? and did people LOVE the cookies I made? oh i bet they did. so i am glad the concert went well. besides being sad about your mom. i am sure though that she enjoyed it up in Heaven. you are probably with someone or working on some sort of project. as long as you aren't driving... HAPPY SNOW DAY!
    ~Lil'♥

    ReplyDelete