Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday

I don't have anything planned today.  No lessons, no webinar, no nothing, so I am just going to scan some pictures into the computer and then transfer them to this computer so I can post them on face book.  I think I have finally finished posted most of the little mom's photos.  There are a few I didn't, because I missed them, but at this point, I see no need to go back and post them as there are over 100 pictures of the little lady.  I think people got the point of what she looked like, what she did, and some of us kids.

I had to call 2 doctors office's billing departments to let them know Mom passed away.  One asked if I could send a copy of the certificate to add to their file and close it out.  I said I would send a copy, not an original, they said fine.  So I will do that after I copy the certificate.

I am not sure how to spend my extra time.  It is something I never really had before.  I was always going from one job to the next and then to sleep.  I would sleep in between jobs too because it helped with the pain of going from one job to the next.  I am thinking of volunteering for a job, but I don't know which one I would want to volunteer for.  I am thinking the Red Cross.  I enjoyed working in their marketing department when I was in grad school.  It was a lot of fun.

I finished the webinar last night for the new teaching company.  They had a couple of suggestions for marketing, I am not sure I am going to do it though because I did try Craigslist and got a lot of scammers so I am nervous to try that one again.  We shall see.  I am hoping for a new student by the beginning of January as that will be into what has been saved.  I have enough for a few months and then I am in dire straights and that scares me to pieces.  Completely scares me.  I have always been able to find another job right away and in this economy that just isn't possible.  I have applied in other places too so I am not giving up, it is just with it being so close to the holidays, I am hopeful that after I will be finding either enough new students or something part time.  Whichever works, works for me.

I did get an email from Richard yesterday evening.  He hadn't answered me about the holidays because he doesn't really know what they are doing.  He is thinking of going out of town for them.  I don't know where.  I don't know if that means here, or somewhere where they can go snowboarding.  So it looks like I will be here after all for the holiday, which is something I really didn't want.  I wanted to be with him and the kids.  Oh well, maybe I wouldn't be such fun anyways seeing how sad I am right now.  I don't know, it is just all up in the air right now.

I am going to go downstairs and look for more family pictures after this, because I know there are more.  I bet they are in all the bags that haven't been opened for a long time.  Mom did like to put things in bags and then in boxes.  That was one of her quirky things.  I do it for some things, but not many.  I think Richard and I inherited her packratiness.  If Jennifer wasn't making sure the house doesn't get cluttered, his would be too, not just mine.  I am starting to work on some more rooms starting after the new year.  I just can't do it right now.

I hope your day is going well, mine is okay, not great or anything, but okay, kind of boring.  I know people always say, oh, if only I had nothing to do.  Well, it is overrated.  It is good to be busy.  Very good to be busy.  I am not busy enough these days.

2 comments:

  1. The volunteer job sounds good, Heather. As soon as I get some weight off, I plan on volunteering at the local hospital. That way, when I can finally return to work as a nurse, I will have one foot in the door, so to speak. :0) As for free time, I have a lot of it myself. I know precisely what you are talking about!!
    I just either go on the computer or read my book. Anything to get by!!!

    I have a lot of pictures of my mom, too. I'm glad I took them....even more so now that she is gone.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a bit of a packrat. I'm not really but do have pictures I need to organize from when my kids were little. Hope you enjoy your free time:)

    ReplyDelete