Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Relaxing Day

I am relaxing today.  I have a bad headache so I am resting.  I really slept in today, more than normal, so I must have been exhausted from the last few days activities.  I teach a lot of lessons tomorrow, more than usual, so I must be ready for it.  I am going to read for a bit today too.  I finished Harry Potter number 5 last night so I will start Harry Potter number 6.  I might watch a movie today too.  I am just not doing a whole lot.  It has been a busy few days, I have enjoyed them, but I am tired today.

I talked to the kids and Richard last night.  They are all excited about the trip today to Maui.  I am glad that they are looking forward to it.  I think the will have a lot of fun.  Maui is a beautiful island.  I have a picture I took of the sunset over the volcano in the ocean on my night stand.  It is beautiful.  I went about 7 years ago and I remember snorkeling in the ocean.  It was so much fun.  I loved snorkeling.  Richard said they are going to do that as well as some hikes.  They love hiking.  We used to hike as a family when we were small.  I was the only one who got tired though.  I was always the last one at the destination.  Mom usually hung back with me.  I needed to rest while the boys could go for hours.  It was one activity we did a lot as a family.  I am glad Richard takes the kids on them.  If they had scooter paths I would so go with them.

I am going to try and upload the Christmas photos to face book again today.  We have had some trouble with it.  My friend, Jennie has been having the same trouble I have had.  I will post here the picture of Kathy and I at her parents on Christmas Day.  I got a lot of pictures of her children opening and playing with presents.  It was so fun to watch them be so excited about their gifts.  They are such wonderful children.  I simply adore them.

Last night I was remember some Christmases with Mom and I in the last few years.  In 2007, before we lost the store, I remember how our dining room table looked.  Our living room was full so we couldn't put up a tree in there so I put my little one on the table in the dining room.  Since we weren't home all that much, it didn't matter that it was there.  I really went all out for Momma.  I had such fun buying her store.  I ordered a lot from Amazon because there were certain DVDs I wanted for her and it is so much easier getting the older ones from them.  I got her the entire series of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, the rest of the MacGyver series, Murder She Wrote, and the Santa Claus Movies.  I also got her some books and other homemade stuff as well.  Over all, I so over did it for the little lady.  I would say on that table 3/4 of the gifts were for her.  The look on her face when she opened present after present for her was great.  She kept saying what did I get you?  Well, she got me the new operating system for the mac and the newest at the time finale program, both were expensive.  I was happy with what I got, I really wanted her to have some nice stuff.  It was really one of the last Christmases she was really herself and could enjoy the gifts.  2008 wasn't too bad, but by 2009 she was in the later stages of Alzheimer's.  Somehow I knew that that would be one of the last years she would really be herself and really know what she got.  We had a ball watching all those TV shows together.  On the weekends, when we were home, we would spend the evening and daytime of Sunday, watching them.  I have the last season of Murder She Wrote but I haven't watched it yet and I have had it for a couple of months now.  It seems too weird still to watch it on my own.  In the New Year I will watch that and a few other DVDs that I have that I haven't seen yet.

This is usually the week I think about what I want to do for the next year.  I am not sure outside of teaching.  I plan to continue and hopefully have more students, but outside of that, I have no plans.  I would like to see Richard sometime this year.  I just don't know.  2010 was a rough year, and i hope 2011 will be better, although, the first year without Momma will be hard for me.

I do hope you had a good Christmas with friends and family.  Overall, it was very good and it is nice to relax today.  I hope the headache is back to normal by tomorrow when I teach so much.  I am looking forward to that.

3 comments:

  1. Heather take care. I have such severe migraines that they wipe me out for a long while! I am glad you had some fun filled days. Take care and keep your heart light. Much love and good health in the New Year! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to relax! I did the same thing yesterday~got lots of rest. Hope your headache feels better today:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you had a great Christmas. Me, too! :0) I hope your headache gets better. I'm praying for you to have a good 2011. Much love and friendship to you, Heather!

    ReplyDelete