Wednesday, April 13, 2011

hump day

Happy Wednesday!  It is hard to believe that it is Wednesday, but yes, it is.  I am looking forward to the rest of the week because I have 1 student today, 2 tomorrow, 3 on Friday, and 2 on Saturday along with the family birthday party.  I am excited about that.  I did also find out, Andrew is NOT graduating Sunday, it is in MAY.  Well, that just ruins my plans for a surprise this weekend with having Richard come out.  Bummer, is all I have to say about that.  I will just plan it for next month.  I do hope it is not on the same day as the Spring Concert.  Andrew is not very forth coming on details for this event.  I doubt he even knows when it is.  I do hope he tells me soon so that I can have Richard in on the details and then surprise Andrew.  I know I would love to have my big brother at my graduation, oh wait, I did.  As a matter of fact, Richard and I had the same commencement day for our MBAs.  It was grand to have him to myself for the first part of the day.  I was disappointed that he didn't come to my party, but I had lots of other people come and students too so that was good.

It is a quiet afternoon right now.  Carson will be here in 30 minutes.  What a cutie he is.  He has a very nice voice too.  I do hope he practiced well this week and had no trouble.  He has only had 1 lesson so far.  He did very nicely though for his first lesson.

Rick DID have his lesson last night.  I was worried because he was gone for a month, but he arrived and had a great lesson.  Next week I think we are going to do some sight reading with do-re-mi syllables.  I have to dig the book out for all my vocal students.  They all need to learn this.  Ear Training can be either super easy or really hard, not usually an in between thing for students.  I found the sight singing rather easy but the dictation difficult.  We won't be doing any dictation.

I haven't put my new printer together yet.  I keep meaning too, but then I forget or I get busy, mostly I forget, stupid fibro fog!  I am thankful that while I have fibro fog a lot, I am able to focus on lessons.  I don't know how I would do if I had more a day, but I used to be able to teach 6 to 8 lessons a day and now I am lucky if I get 4 in one day.  I am praying for 5 more students that have lessons weekly.  I find I am sleeping a bit better and don't freak over finances as much now that I have a couple more regular students.  I am almost paying all the bills.  I still have medical bills to pay and I hope to get them on track this next week or so.  I just need 5 more and all the bills will be covered nicely.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 comes out on Friday.  Unfortunately, I will not be getting it on Friday.  I will have to wait until next month or so.  Same with the new Narnia movie.  I just don't have enough money this month for them.  Oh well, maybe next month.  It isn't like I am lacking in anything to watch, I have several I haven't seen yet.  I still haven't watched some of the ones Mom and I watched together.  I just haven't been able to do it.  I had to tell the young lady at the pharmacy that Mom passed away.  She was shocked.  She had thought that I just left Mom at home all this time.  She was totally stunned because she had seen Mom quite a bit with me.  It made me tear up on the way home.  I just miss her so much.  I wonder how my friends who are in the same club as me did it.  How do you go and move on without your mom?  Especially if you were as close as we were?  I often wonder and want to ask them, how do you do this?  How do you get out of bed and want to face the day?  If it wasn't for teaching, I doubt I would ever get up.  I think I would just lie there and fade away.  Teaching is the only thing that gets me up.  Without it, I don't know what I would do.  How do you get up and motivate yourself when you are so sad?  i miss her so much all the time.  I just don't know.

It is pretty nice and sunny out today.  I do hope you are having good weather too.

No comments:

Post a Comment