Monday, April 25, 2011

musings for the day

Easter was a good time (even with the 3 hour little nap).  Unfortunately, I still am having trouble sleeping between the hours of 2 am and 5 am.  If I am asleep before that then that is a good night, but I often wake up around that time and then I can't go back to sleep.  It is fear that is keeping me awake.  We live in a safe neighborhood, we have been lucky enough not to have a break in in many, many years.  I think I was very young the last time and it was neighbor children who were doing.  Every little noise in the house just stabs fear in me between those hours.  I don't know why.  It is just those hours.  I need to fix this and I don't know how.  I am open to suggestions!  I have every door blocked (2 of them have the recycle boxes in front of them mainly for lack of a better place to keep them) the other is blocked only at night.  It isn't like I expect a break in, it is just I have never lived by myself before.  This is really cramping my sleep and I have a hard time sleeping in the first place because of pain.  I have done things to secure the house as best as I can.  I know I am partially deaf, but I can hear enough to know if someone were in the house or not.  If someone spends the night, I sleep pretty well and am not in fear.

Anyways, outside of that major issue, I am doing alright today.  (During the day, I am fine, it is the night that gets me)  I had a good day yesterday.  I got to see Kathy both Saturday and Sunday so that was the best.  I got good hugs from her little ones.  The girls are very good huggers.  Today is just 2 lessons.  I am hoping that by fall I will have more but that is still 4 months away.  I can't wait for May!  Less rain!  More sunshine!!

Gas is getting really high again.  The last time this happened we lost the store.  I do hope I don't lose anymore students like I did back then.  I will be in a big pickle if I lose any students.  I am thankful I don't drive very far.  I do need to get gas tomorrow though as it is less than a 1/4 tank and I don't like it below 1/2 tank.  My trip to Belle River used a 1/4 tank of gas.

We are getting much rain today.  Since I am spending the day inside, I don't mind.  Apparently, it will rain again tomorrow with 50 degree temperatures.  Boy the news is not so good.  I usually only watch the 7 pm one but I was watching Oprah.  I don't always watch that show, but when I remember I like the show.

I have Army Wives info on my facebook.  I love that show (apparently so do some of you!) There will be a new episode next Sunday, thank goodness!  I have to eventually watch the entire season 4 that I have on DVD.  Yes, I have skipped season 4, not because I won't like it, I know I will, I just haven't been able to remember to watch it when i have time.  I also love the shows NCIS!  They are soooooo good too!  That is about the most of the TV shows that I am addicted to.  I do like Dancing with the Stars but if I miss it, it isn't the end of the world.  Plus, I never get to see the results show because it is on at the same time as NCIS.

anyways, it has been a good day.  I just have my Emily for her lesson later this evening.  She is such a cutie!!!  I do hope you are having a good day too!

3 comments:

  1. So nice to hear you had a good day!! I hope you have more! Gas is getting SO ridiculous! I hope it stops soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, You are such a sweetheart. I wish that we lived close to each other. How a bout a little dog to keep you company? And protect you?
    Smile

    Sussanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shabby's suggestion of a little dog. You would be surprised how much love and attention they can bring to your life with so little intervention in the way of needs. Now, don't go overboard like we rescue peeps. I have 4 dogs, two cats and husband I hardly see (thank you lord for both his jobs). These critters some days, in between friends, are my life.

    So happy you had a good day. I too am highly sensitive to sound. My son is a baratone by natural tone and when I have a kick butt migraine, when he calls, he whispers. I kid you not. I simply can't handle the noise, to might light, too much temp change etc. Certain smells.. not a good thing.

    :)
    Gentle hugs
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete