Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday 4-12

I am watching the news and there is a designer who makes dresses out of garbage and recycle materials.  Somehow, I can't see me wearing a paper dress or a plastic bag dress.  That just looks and sounds weird.  The dresses aren't really practical either, but hey, it gives him something to do so okay.

It has been a nice and sunny day today!  Unfortunately, it will rain by the weekend.  Charlie is going to come this weekend or next to do the bushes for me.  He is going to trim and shape them all.  I am very happy about this because it so needs to be done.  Our backyard will look a bit better, but since the gardens are not weeded during the summer, it won't look super good.  Hey, I am least getting the bushes and shrubs  shaped and taken care of.  As long as the grass is cut all summer that is all that matters.  I am not worried about a great looking yard, just a better looking one like we have had these last few summers.

I haven't heard from Andrew so I don't know the details of his graduation on Sunday.  it is kind of annoying as I am trying to coordinate a surprise from him.  I do hope to hear the details tomorrow.  I messaged him this afternoon so I am hopeful he got it.  I need to know these details, like where and what time.  I need an address so I can get directions for it.  It is a 2 hour drive for me to get there.  We have the family party on Saturday and then graduation on Sunday.  I am not sure what I am doing for Easter.  At this point, I have no plans.  Kathy is coming to town so I plan to see her on the Saturday.  I still have some gift certificates from Christmas so we will be using them.  I love both restaurants that we have them for.  We shall see where we go.

I am setting up the new printer tonight.  I have to scan a paper and send it out tomorrow.  I have had the printer since last Thursday, but I have not pulled it out yet.  I am excited about scanning pictures of the family with it since I found a few more pictures out of an album I have never seen before.  It has pictures of me and my family when I was about 7 or 8 years old.  I even have a birthday crown in one of them.

I am doing laundry tonight.  As usual, I waited to the last minute to get it done.  Someday, I will do some laundry before it is super necessary, but I am not holding my breath about it.  I have a pile of clean clothes on the dryer that need to be put away.  If I have a guest this weekend, I will for sure be putting them away.  i also have started putting some stuff away in the living room.  I can't believe tomorrow is Wednesday already.  I have to move the box that has the disposables in it and move it to the garbage.  Since all the packages are open, I can't donate them anywhere.  Bummer, but nothing I can do about that.  I also have to move the Christmas boxes downstairs along with the Christmas tree.  The living room just needs to be picked up a bit and the CDs put away.  I have a pile of originals that need to go upstairs to my room where the originals are.  I am not sure what originals need copies made of them though.  I am going to check that sometime this week.  There is some music that needs to be put away too but I will do that after next week.  I have a student or students everyday but Sunday this week.  I have Carson's lesson tomorrow.  He is such a cutie.  Charlie and Rick had their lessons tonight.  Both are doing pretty well.  Rick was absent for the last 4 weeks.  He was on vacation to Hawaii and Las Vegas.  He seemed to have a good time from what he said.  I liked Hawaii when I was there 7 years ago.  I went for a writing conference.  I went snorkeling in the volcano and up the road to Hana.  It was lovely.  I had a very good time.  I think the best conference that I went on was the one to Mexico on the cruise ship.  Mom came with me on that one and it was so much fun.  We had such a good time.  Mom and I giggled a lot during that trip.  I have been lucky, I have traveled some before I got too sick.  Now, I am not so interested in traveling a lot right now.  Maybe as I get more students I will be interested, but right now I am happy to stay here at home or go see my brothers.  That is the only place I want to go to.  Visiting my brother is all.  He has the lovely attachments, William (10) and Abigail (11 almost 12).  So hard to believe they are that old now.  Where has the time gone?

I am planning to watch NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles then off to bed.  It has been a good day so far.  I did some laundry, I taught a few lessons, I read some of my book, I cleaned up a bit in the living room, so now I am a bit tired and ready for bed soon.  I do hope this finds you doing well.

1 comment:

  1. not a bad day at all...well, if you don't try on any paper dresses that is!!

    ReplyDelete