Friday, April 1, 2011


I have come to the conclusion that no matter what I think the night before, if I don't have to be up early, I am not going to be.  I have tried to set an alarm, I turn it off and crawl back into bed the next morning.  The only time I don't do this is when I actually feel like I have had a good night's sleep and can function normal.  Outside of Thursdays, Saturdays, and once a month on a Monday, I don't have to get up at any certain time.  I can go to bed whenever and get up whenever so I am going to stop trying to get myself up early and then be angry at myself for staying in bed too long.  The bottom line is I don't get good sleep and I wake up every few hours to roll over because of pain and if I am on my left side, I can only last one hour on that side.  I can't really sleep on my back or stomach at all so it is only on the sides for me.  So from now on, no more of this I will get up early and then I will get more things done.  That isn't going to happen, I am not going to get up early to get more things done.  I know I won't so I need to relax on this.  If I have company, I will get up earlier but I will no longer try to comply with some family to get up with the sun and get things done.  It doesn't happen, so I am not going to beat myself up everyday for this.  Mom never cared what time I got up unless I had something I had to do at a certain time, then she helped me get up.  She was always like, get your rest if you sleep in longer you sleep in longer, no big deal.  So that is how I am going to be from now on.  I will get as much sleep as I possible can and that's that.

So it is not upsetting that I stayed in bed until 1:00 this afternoon.  I was up I think, literally, every hour last night from pain.  I think I got a few hours after about 6 am but before that I saw every hour.  On nights like this, I am so tired the next day, but I can't sleep anymore so I will just have to go to bed early. I do have to be up and ready for an 11 am lesson tomorrow.  I have 1 lesson at 11 am and another at 11:30 am.  I don't have another one until 6 pm Saturday night so if I need to, I can take a nap.  I love my lots of lessons days although I long for the days where I taught routinely 6 to 8 lessons a day.  I don't know if I could do that many right now, so I would settle for 4 to 6 lessons a day.  Oh, the good old days where the store was still around, and so was Mom.  Hmm, I miss those days a lot now.  I have some vacuuming to do tomorrow and Sunday.  Sunday is also a meeting with Michigan Music Association at 2 pm.  I like going to the meetings as they are fun and it is nice to be with adults for a while.  I love teaching but once in a while I need to speak to an actual adult about something other than their child.

Speaking of children, only Calli had her lesson today.  Acer was just not up to it.  Calli is starting the beginning of level 3 for her lesson book.  I need to find an easier arrangement of Canon in D for her.  All mine are level 4 and above so that is not good for the young lady.  She is growing up so fast.  She and her brother, like most of my students, are such delights to be around.  I really enjoy them both in and out of lessons.  Calli is now starting to sing the song "Candle on the Water".  I love that song.  I have so many that I am anxious for her to learn.  I want to be able to translate the new songs into braille for her so that she has all the words at the beginning of the song.  The way we do it before she Braille's it works for us, but I sometimes think maybe if I told her mom ahead of time what songs we were going to start that maybe having them already in braille would be better for her.  I don't know which way to go on this.

I have to pay some bills this weekend.  Boy, does it feel nice to be able to pay some bills.  On Sunday, I will sit done and figure out what to pay and when to pay it.  I am hoping to be able to squeeze out the installation of the carpet on the stairs to the family room this month.  I went to a carpet store and they gave me a name of an installer who will do it as a side job.  We are only talking about 6 stairs and I have both the carpet and the padding.  It would be nice to get this taken care of.

Next week is my birthday on Friday.  I have asked Heather B-T and family to stay after for lessons and have dinner to celebrate.  We are having a family get together on the 16th at my cousin, Darrin's house, but I wanted to do something on my actual birthday because it will be the first one without Mom.  I hope it is an okay day and not too many tears.  I mostly dread the day to tell the truth.  I am glad I won't be alone though.

I did go to Walmart for prescriptions and food as well as picking up the light bulbs at the hardware store.  I did forget to bring the entire handle of the toilet (it needs a screw because the outer part falls off all the time) so I will take care of that tomorrow.  I do hope this finds you doing well and enjoying your day, no matter what time you get out of bed!


  1. I never use an alarm clock! I hate them! I usually wake up kind of early without one, but I wish I could sleep late. I didn't get much sleep last night and stayed in bed a little later this morning, but could have used more sleep. Hope you can get some good rest!

  2. My sleeping is usually all over the place. I wake up after sleeping only in two hour spurts today. I don't know if this extreme exhaustion is fibro or it. Hope it goes away soon!!

    Super big hugs for you!!